disco 300tdi auto, diff lock

dazza4x4

Hi everyone. Know quite a lot about disco's, but this is my first auto. Can't engage diff lock, and when in park or neutral, diff lock ligh is on, checked and is defiately not engaged. Looking at rave manual there is mention of an engagement solenoid, has anyone else had this problem. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

cheers Dazza

If the difflock actuator is stuck you may need to reverse then go forward to engage/ dis-engaged the lock. Generally i can slot it in while slowly rolling in neutral , the engagement solenoid will only be for the dash light so you want to make sure it is locking and unlocking properly.

Not since I converted to a R380, but when I had the ZF4HP22 yes, what I found was the switch was sticking, I would engage the Diff-lock and the light remained on even after I had dis-engaged it, after a couple of miles and a few bumps it would turn off, the easy solution is to replace the switch, the hard part is getting to the little sucker from above once the sheet metal cover under the transmission cover console has been removed, arround 3 hours work for a 2 minute switch change !!!

• 2 weeks later...