Welsh Xtrem Transport Volunteers

simonr

Last year at the Welsh Xtrem at Walters Arena, Tim Jones organised effectively a 4x4 Bus service to transport spectators, press & officials around the site (as you probably know, it's huge!).

I was one of the Volunteers and spent the weekend driving around in my RRS (probably the most Off Road it's ever had!) and had a great time. Being able to do something useful without having to stand in the rain for three days and not having to walk miles up 1:1 hills - did it for me!

This year, I'm organising the transport!

I need an additional 3 to 5 vehicles with more than one passenger seat - so 90's if you have rear seats with seat belts, 110, 130, Disco & RR (even RRS!).

We will be driving around a set route, with the freedom to deviate if you or your passengers want, picking up and dropping off people at 'bus stops' along the way. In return you get to camp in the competitors area / centre of the event and the event will provide all your meals (last year they were amazingly good!).

So far, I have 5 volunteers including Neil (V8 Freak) Burton but I need between 8 & 10.

Details of the event are here:

http://www.thewelshxtrem.co.uk

It is at Walters Arena in South Wales from March 6th to 8th. You need to be on site early (8am) on the 6th for briefings, maps, routes etc. You will be issued with a Radio so we can stay in touch.

In addition to you & your vehicle, you will need an orange beacon - to identify 'official' vehicles. The marshals will not hassle you if you have a beacon!

I plan on buying something like this from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maxflare-Super-Bright-Magnetic-L-E-D-Emergency-Safety-Flare-Beacon-/121544069864?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item1c4c9752e8

Which will be useful more generally. They are battery operated (take CR123a batteries) and I'll get a few spares - but it claims they last up to 100 hours which will do for the event.

If you are interested, post below...

Si,

As already communicated Mrs Freak has booked me for a weekend away which clashes and SWMBO can't do others due to tennis matches !

I have suggested that she would like the remoteness of the Walters Arena and will stay warm in the Motorhome and have plenty of space to walk the dog etc., but she seems set on bird watching in Norfolk....

Unless something changes I won't be there I'm afraid....

Neil

• 2 weeks later...