2.5 NA injector pump query

post-57097-0-97804500-1444427522_thumb.gifHello, knowledgable people! I've been chasing fuel leaks around the Lucas CAV injector pump on my 1987 non-turbo 110 Land Rover. One of the parts which was leaking (but not longer is, for now) is the bit circled in the attached diagram. It seems to be some sort of adjustor but is not mentioned in my downloaded CAV repair manual. Does anyone know what it is and how to adjust it, if so. I've pulled the top off my spare TD pump (similar but not the same) but it is quite different in that area so no real help.

I've also found that, when I track down a leak and repair it, diesel then starts to force its way out of a new orifice. This makes me suspect there is too much internal pressure in the pump, which doesn't make much sense to me. Is there something I should know? Or is it just a chain effect of old o-rings failing on a car that hadn't run for some years?

I would, obviously, like to avoid taking the pump off and trying to find someone in New Zealand who can service it (after all, the car runs beautifully!) so any help would be gratefully received. I've spent the last year rebuilding the vehicle and it nearly passed the brutal VIN inspection yesterday. I am quite keen to get this project finished.