Winter Project

pw8757

I started to refurbish my V8 Disco 1 some years ago - then work and other commitments took over...........

I had got as far as having the engine ported and the chambers reground to generate more performance, coupled with a new high lift camshaft.

Taking out the engine had revealed a fair amount of rust - including to the chassis. This was welded - the usual places, bottoms of the A pillars, driver and passenger front foot wells and the bulkhead below the washer bottle carrier as well as the inner wings on both sides.

After I'd plated the chassis, it went away for shot blasting. The same place dipped it, galvanised it and powder coated it. (Surprisingly cheaply as I remember!)

I got rid of the "torpedo" under-slung LPG tanks as purchased a doughnut tank with a small petrol tank.

I'd got as far as refitting the chassis before the programme stalled for lack of time.

This weekend, I collected all the components from where they had been salted away around the workshop and sheds and brought them all together.

I'm now looking forward to winter evenings in the "man-cave" as everything is cleaned, refurbished/replaced and fitted to the car.

I thought I'd let you see some of the photos of the present state of the car and keep people up to date as it progresses..............although it looks like the mother and father of all jigsaw puzzles at the moment!

First project (seems to me) will be to get the car's infrastructure - brake pipes, wiring loom, etc into position, followed by refitting the running gear.

I'll keep you posted!

FOS Wheel Arch

FNS Wheel Arch

Interior On The Move

004.JPG

Rear Floor

Disco View 1

Seats & Carpets