Battery options.

chris2010

Batteries.

i had Numax Batteries with twin terminals fitted side by side under passenger seat on my old 90.

but can not think what ones they were.

Basically im running two winches. 2x alternator. linking two batteries up as this is only for my offroader, 70mm cabling throughout

Can someone please point me in the direction on what batteries to use.

i cant afford odyssey , or optima really so budget but good . will be better.

please help i want to order these up asap.

many thanks

I was always under the impression leisure batteries didn't like high loads but were happy to be flattened? I have a 120ah numax on my caravan and I'm not all that impressed. I left it parked up for a couple of weeks with only the alarm on and when I brought it home the motor mover couldn't get it off the road. Think I'm going to try a gell battery next time, as they're sealed I can always put one in the battery box and one under a seat to double up :)

Truck batteries are good value for money I think but obviously standard construction. Plus they're worth about £30 in scrap when your done with them :)

I had a standard varta battery on my V8, ok it was 5 years old but it was slow turning over and struggling to start but it was showing charged, a friend jumped me with his odyssey and I couldn't believe how fast it spun. I didn't think my starter motor was capable of going that fast. There's now an odyssey sat under the bonnet! I'm hoping it will be longer lasting than the varta too as it should cope with winching etc better.

I was always under the impression leisure batteries didn't like high loads but were happy to be flattened? I have a 120ah numax on my caravan and I'm not all that impressed. I left it parked up for a couple of weeks with only the alarm on and when I brought it home the motor mover couldn't get it off the road. .....

I was reading some stuff on batteries at the weekend and it suggested that leisure batteries didn't like being discharged below 50-60%

When i bought my TD5 Disco it had an Optima red top one which eventually failed 3 years ago.

I replaced it with a Numax.

The Disco is sat outside in all weathers, sometimes covered in snow 3-4 weeks at a time.

Obviously the alarm slowly drains the battery,

but i know i can go to it and i know it will start straight away no messing.

On another note, i bought an Odyessey extreme for the challenge truck im building.

Read all the reviews, had lots of good things said about them.

I got one from frogs island last June 2013

Aftewr a few starts on the motor and some wiring work the battery kept draniing as the engine wasnt always running.

I put the Odyessey on charge using a recommended ctek charger on snowflake mode

and the batttery failed.

Had to send it back to them, they tested it themselves and replaced it FOC under warranty

In hindsight though, i wish i had bought another Numax

Well iv made the deal ,

Gone for a pair of enduroline battery

Basically the same as the numax but an extra year warranty ,

Just about fits in the battery box side by side ,

We shall see how these perform , I was more than happy with my numax set up before so fingers crossed ,

I can't afford odyssese or how ever you spell it lol,

Tbh for the amount of comps etc I will be entering and winching these should do the job