freelander oil change

tobmo

Hope someone can help need to do an oil change on my 2004 freelander td4 but cant get the belly panel off( bolts siezed solid ! ) to get at the sump plug doesa any body have the dimentions for cutting a hole in the panel to get at the sump plug ?

Hope someone can help need to do an oil change on my 2004 freelander td4 but cant get the belly panel off( bolts siezed solid ! ) to get at the sump plug doesa any body have the dimentions for cutting a hole in the panel to get at the sump plug ?

I used a 4" cutter and bored the hole. Never given me any problems, saves you time when flusing the oil every year!!

where about did you drill the hole rough dimensions my black & decker is at the ready !

I had the car on front ramps and checked where the oils sump plug was. Then I carefully measured where I would need the hole cut!!

P.S Ive owned my Freelander from new and I couldnt get all the nuts off to take of the tray hence the reason I bored out a hole. Whilst doing this I noticed that there was oil stained on the tray and even my land rover dealer had just been removing enough bolts needed to get to the sump plug and therefore some oil had leaked out onto the tray which they just wiped clean. Therefore I wouldnt worry if you get a few drops falling on the tray when you have bored out the hole as you can easily clean it with a paper towel. Just take your time when drilling it. I did mine 2 years ago when I started to service the Freebie myself and now the oil change is much quicker as it should be. :D

Hope that helps you?

I had the car on front ramps and checked where the oils sump plug was. Then I carefully measured where I would need the hole cut!!

P.S Ive owned my Freelander from new and I couldnt get all the nuts off to take of the tray hence the reason I bored out a hole. Whilst doing this I noticed that there was oil stained on the tray and even my land rover dealer had just been removing enough bolts needed to get to the sump plug and therefore some oil had leaked out onto the tray which they just wiped clean. Therefore I wouldnt worry if you get a few drops falling on the tray when you have bored out the hole as you can easily clean it with a paper towel. Just take your time when drilling it. I did mine 2 years ago when I started to service the Freebie myself and now the oil change is much quicker as it should be. :D

Hope that helps you?

Thanks will have a go tomorrow will let you know how I get on