Can I pick some brains with ABS knowlage. Please?

Badger90

Evening.

I Would like to pick someones brain on the abs on the Freelanders,

I have a Freelander 1998 L series to sell on, The ABS is driving me sodding bonkers. I have replaced so far,

4 ABS wheel sensors, And tested resistances, All around 1100-1250 ohms,

4 ABS exciter rings, All 60 tooth.

ABS ECU, And Pump with modulator,

I have tested all wheel sensors at the sensor plugs and via the ECU plug for any breaks.

All the pins on the ECU and the sensors again are about 1100-1250 ohms.

I have done all this and the diagnostics is still throwing both rear wheel sensors output signal too low and front left wheel output signal too low. And some times the diagnostics throws unknown code up but loses the 2 rear sensors, But at the moment it sticking with the front left and the 2 rear speed wheel sensors. If that makes any sense?

After replacing all sensors and rings, And there are no breaks in wiring loom,

As the resistances are around 1250 and 1100 ohms. And my auto data says they should be between 950-1100 ohms,

Im also wondering if the new sensors are throwing more the 1100 ohms, What if the ECU is not recognizing as the resistance is greater then 1100 ohms?

I now at the stage where I want to burn it. I have spent hours going into weeks working on this ABS, Getting a bit fed up.

I really am not sure where to look next? Would anyone have any ideas?

I would be VERY, VERY, VERY Grateful if anyone can help please?

Thank

Very much with Bowie on this, the ecu's were known to fail "back in the day" So,for it to be reliable now is a bit of a gamble.A decent one will be the first best test.Wabco diagnostics,even through Testbook would only go so far before the parts shotgun would be deployed...

I have replaced the ABS ECU. Apparently it was tested before sending it, But it still throws the same codes.

Are you on about replacing the engine ECU? I have read something about rubbish ECUs.

I also did forget to mention that I have replaced the brake light switch too, And the hill decent wires are attached to the micro switch still.

Thanks

I have discovered that after the 3 fault codes are cleared,

The three lights come on once about 2-3mph is reached. But the ABS and TC works fine. No problems unit the road speed has reached 7mph then it stops.

So does anyone have any other ideas? Im going to try playing about with exciter rings again.

Thanks