300TDI fuel pump tweaking

v8bertha

I've just had a quick skim through the post in the tech archive about tweaking fuel pumps on a TDi motor. What a superb post... very informative :)

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=31

Anyway..... as my 110 is making an awful lot of black smoke under load, and the MOT is looming, I reckon it may need winding back a bit.

So it seems that I will have some good bed time reading, but there is one glaring omission.... The diagrams don't appear to be there anymore :(

Anybody have a copy of them that they can email to me, or host so I can download 'em?

Or... can sombody take picy's of the adjustment screws on a 300tdi pump so I know what I'm looking for?

Cheers dudes and dudettes

Dan :)

Get your engine nice and hot, drain and remove fuel filter, refill with ATF fluid.

Rag the **** out of it in 3rd gear under load (I find the motorway on ramp near yours good for this). Put your foot to the floor and keep it there with the engine on or near the limiter for a good 20 seconds. You will get lots of black smoke, but it will clear.

Then take it to the MOT :)

I think backing off on the max fuel a little sound less destructive TBH James. :D

Mine's at the other end, over fueling at low revs, so I'll have to have a look at backing off the smoke screw and/or star wheel a little. ;)

Smashin stuff.... just what I was after :D

Mr Morfee.... Thanks for the pointers, but I think I'll adjust things a bit before putting ATF anywhere near my fueling system :huh::rolleyes:

Anyway, it gets a good raggin everyday up that sliproad! :lol:

Smashin stuff.... just what I was after :D

Mr Morfee.... Thanks for the pointers, but I think I'll adjust things a bit before putting ATF anywhere near my fueling system :huh::rolleyes:

Anyway, it gets a good raggin everyday up that sliproad! :lol:

Dan,

I'll do it for you up at Eastnor