yellow engine warning light

rodders

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to ours a couple of weeks ago. We booked it in, they scanned it, it came up with a few minor faults related to service intervals (it had been serviced but not reset), they cleared it off, then in the hard frost a few days ago it came back. It now flashes when we set off, then goes back to constant. It will sometimes just go out on its own. The garage can't find anything wrong, and they know these cars, so I am wondering if it is just a connection somewhere to the light itself that does not like the cold weather... the car drives perfectly.

So if you get any response more substantive than that, I would be an interested reader, too!

ST

Rodders,

Is it an 1.8K series engine?

If yes check the spark plugs - the flashing is random misfire - solid light will properly show a code saying about a weak fuel mix.

Are you loosing any coolant??

Sorry to butt in, but what would coolant loss signify? Mine did this today...

If your loosing coolant and light flashing could well be a HGF, water blowing out the spark and upsetting the fuel mix. (I have this problem!! at the min sorting it this wkend)

If the light is just flashing and your not loosing coolant coil pack or HT lead or plug id say would be at fault

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is still interested in this one, we got to the bottom of our yellow warning light issue: when the head gasket failed it swamped and broke the lambda sensor. So even with the head gasket sorted, the sensor still registered a fault. We swapped out the sensor, and no longer have the warning light.

ST

• 2 years later...