Can I leave a Freelander with the battery disconnected for 6 weeks, th

In town out of town

I need to buy a new car at my place in Spain, and I would love a freelander (a couple of bumps on the road to deal with!).

I live in London and leave my current car parked up in the underground garage of an apartment block near the airport in Spain, with the battery disconnected, for around 6 weeks at a time generally. This works fine with the current car, it is safe, out of the sun, and starts first time, no flat battery!

However, it is a very simple car, a 21 year old VW golf, with no modern electrics (so no windows, power steering etc).

Pardon my ignorance, I don't know anything about modern cars, but I get the feeling their modern electrics might cause problems with this way of disconnecting?

Could I do this with a freelander 1 or 2? Does it make a difference if it is diesel or petrol, etc? Perhaps these are stupid questions, and I just have to stick with a very old car if I want to do this! (Btw there is no power outlet adjacent, and so could not leave something charging, and no sun so no solar top up is possible).

Grateful for any advice!

Others may have different ideas, but I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work with a freelander 1. Other than radio codes that would need resetting. I don't know much snout the F2 so can't really comment on that. They are quite different vehicles though so you may want to take a closer look at both before deciding on which to buy.

just finished replacing an engine in a TD4 freelander, which was an on/off weekend when I could get home job. the battery was disconnected for at least 6 weeks and it started up afterwards, (had to replace the battery in the end but that was just due to it being bad. no ill effects on the vehicle. just make sure the back window works correctly first as I didn't realize it at the time but when you reconnect the battery the rear window runs its "synchronization" thing where it drops fully.

it took me ages to find the cause to it not coming back up again, down to a dodgy wire in the door-to-body- join bit :)

Thanks for the tips guys.

Defv, when you say press remotes a couple of times, what are you referring to? Remote of the door lock? And if so, and you saying you might need to do this after reconnecting the battery in order to actually unlock /lock the doors? Sorry if this seems a dumb question, as I say I don't know much about cars with modern electrics.

I would not want to get stuck in a situation with a in an underground car park with a car in some kind of electrical freeze!!