Maxxis Creepy Crawler vs Maxxis Mudzilla

I don't think anyone has actually run both side-by-side to compare. Leo & Benny aren't on this forum but if you shoot them an e-mail they should be able to tell you how they liked the Mudzillas, their blog is www.ladoga.waarbenjij.nu/.

Thanks for that link.

I think that I am just going to bite the bullet and go for the mudzilla's. I haven't heard a bad review about them or the creepy so I will see how it goes and then post a big review on what I think of them.

Thanks for that link.

I think that I am just going to bite the bullet and go for the mudzilla's. I haven't heard a bad review about them or the creepy so I will see how it goes and then post a big review on what I think of them.

just to let you know i havent tryed the creepy but the mudzillas are what i have on my bobtail and they perform superb in mud since having them i havent been stuck and still yet to break something from standard drive train only done the rear diff but i still had the lead weight in my right foot and the red mist behind me :rolleyes:

just to let you know i havent tryed the creepy but the mudzillas are what i have on my bobtail and they perform superb in mud since having them i havent been stuck and still yet to break something from standard drive train only done the rear diff but i still had the lead weight in my right foot and the red mist behind me :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, I think now I am sorted and going to order the mudzilla's. Can I ask, where did you get yours from and how much where they please?

I don't know

there no different to any aggressive mud tyre like simex and they feel like a soft compounds so don't expect BFG millage out of them

On the road there very quite for there size but I think there a cross ply but only because there is no R in the size and there very round but I don't know that for a fact.

The Range Rover is a very heavy example of a truck but even playing around town I haven't had it lock up yet.

I don't know

there no different to any aggressive mud tyre like simex and they feel like a soft compounds so don't expect BFG millage out of them

On the road there very quite for there size but I think there a cross ply but only because there is no R in the size and there very round but I don't know that for a fact.

The Range Rover is a very heavy example of a truck but even playing around town I haven't had it lock up yet.

Thanks, I will be doing around 10-12k miles on them. The Insa Turbos Special I had on the 110 lost about 1mm of tread about every 800 miles on the fronts!

Paul

Myself and a few mates run Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, very similar thread as the Mudzillas, apart from the center blocks.

We're very pleased with the performance, so I would think the Mudzilla won't let you down either. And it's a good looking tyre too. ;)

They do need to be aired down sufficiently to work well in mud, I saw a LC on Mudzillas at road pressure and they were hopeless in the sticky stuff.

The guys I know that ran Creepy's have all changed to Simex or similar because they didn't live up to their expectations (mainly challenge events).

my muds are radials not cross ply only purchased then 2 months ago

You have Maxxis Creepys/Mudzillas that are radials????

Hate to break it to you but they dont make radial versions, they are all bias ply (cross ply to us brits).

You have Maxxis Creepys/Mudzillas that are radials????

Hate to break it to you but they dont make radial versions, they are all bias ply (cross ply to us brits).

trepadors are radial though i'm sure. i don't know if they are imported here yet or not though.

I have a extra 2" off set in the rim and no spacers.

If you go for spacers I would recomend steel ones for that size of tyre.

but mine are only 12,50's

IIRC's more like 20mm extra over standard 7 x 16 modulars - that's as far out as you can push the centre without having to flip the shell round. If you do that you increase the offset a lot. Spacers is a much simpler solution, though...

Right who know the best/cheepest place to get some CREEPY CRAWLERS from?

Paul

Its either GPC or Silverline i think Paul so best to give them a ring and see whos got the size you want and how many pennies they desire!