Nanocom

This needs someone to wrile a little application which does the file manipulation and checksum.

If someone had some files I might give that a go.

Would need some volunteers to test the output, as I've no experience of Nanocom.

Here's a standard 2005 Defender factory fuel map attached for you to look at.

ah it didn't upload. If if it's any use I can e-mail it.

Steve

Just PM'd you my email address so you can mail me the map.

Did I read the previous post right that the map changed after 2002?

Here's a standard 2005 Defender factory fuel map attached for you to look at.

Just had a look at that TD5 map.

The file length is correct, and it looks like the map starts in the correct position of the file, but the last 2 bytes don't seem to contain the correct checksum. I wonder has this file been modified, or am I missing something?

(Edit, to add, the checksum is fine - Operator error :ph34r: )

You've clearly done your homework.

If I understand you correctly, you are just using a file imported from Nanocom, replacing the block of data that contains the fuel map, recalculating the checksum and blowing it back to the ECU with Nanocom.

This needs someone to wrile a little application which does the file manipulation and checksum. Then it would only be necessary to build a library of actual fuel map blocks and insert them into the existing ECU code with the app.

Si

So, I've been working on this this evening, and have a working version - sort of.

Could someone give me fuel map block or 2, to try out? I take it that these are always 16KB?

• 5 months later...
Guest diesel_jim
? Do i need to get unlock codes to use it fully ?

Yes, there's 5 (or 6, can't remember) unlock codes.

if you go to the nano website, you can email them the serial number of your machine, and they (ever so quickly) send back the unlock codes.

bung these into the machine (if you've got it connected to your PC/laptop, then it's a helluva lot quicker inputting them that way than using 2 buttons on the nano machine itself)

then it'll be good to go.

I just got my nanocom a couple of weeks ago and while i can read the faults, when i try clearing them it doesnt seem to work.

What am i doing wrong ? Do i need to get unlock codes to use it fully ?

Bear in mind that even after you've cleared them they could still come back instantly, especially if the engine is not on.

What fault codes have you got, maybe we can help?

Guest diesel_jim

Defender alarm settings with nanocom

Has anyone had any luck with this? i'm trying to change the settings on my Td5, to make the alarm actually work, as opposed to being passive and not doing anything.

with the nanocom plugged into my laptop, i've set all the things i want on the alarm setup screen, and "sent" it to the ECU, but it doesn't make any difference, it still won't change anything,

the codes have been set in the nanocom, so it's fully unlocked, the plipper setup has been done and they work OK.

do i have to set the alarm to "immobilise" (on the nanocom menu) to kick-start it into action? :unsure::unsure:

Bear in mind that even after you've cleared them they could still come back instantly, especially if the engine is not on.

What fault codes have you got, maybe we can help?

Getting the following faults:

10-01 air con fan drive open load LOGGED

10-03 tachometer open load LOGGED

10-04 gearbox/abs drive open load LOGGED

10-05 air con clutch open load LOGGED

14-01 aircon fan open load CURRENT

14-03 tachometer open load CURRENT

14-04 gearbox/abs drive open load CURRENT

14-05 air con clutch open load CURRENT

What puzzles me is that there is no air con on my jeep.

The gearbox has been replaced by main dealer.

I tachometer has been out too, went funny after couple thousand k's.

What puzzles me is that there is no air con on my jeep.

Jeep!!

Maybe some sensors are faulty /not fitted back properly? Mine is also reading the abs fault codes and that's normal with no abs fitted (I've just learned).

Cheers

Marco

It doesn't matter what your Jeep is fitted with, all it matters is what your LAND ROVER has on it! :P

10-01 air con fan drive open load LOGGED

10-05 air con clutch open load LOGGED

14-01 aircon fan open load CURRENT

14-05 air con clutch open load CURRENT

^^^ These are because you LR doesn't have Air Conditioning fitted. These "air con fan" and "air con clutch" faults will always be LOGGED and CURRENT.

10-03 tachometer open load LOGGED

14-03 tachometer open load CURRENT

^^^ These are because you LR doesn't have, as you say, the Tachometer fitted. Until you put a working tacho back in these faults will always be LOGGED and CURRENT.

10-04 gearbox/abs drive open load LOGGED

14-04 gearbox/abs drive open load CURRENT

^^^ These are because you LR doesn't have ABS fitted. These faults will always be LOGGED and CURRENT.

Even if you clear these faults they'll be Logged and Current as soon as the ECU gets power.

I don't now about your Jeep but your LR has no faults.

Defender alarm settings with nanocom

Has anyone had any luck with this? i'm trying to change the settings on my Td5, to make the alarm actually work, as opposed to being passive and not doing anything.

with the nanocom plugged into my laptop, i've set all the things i want on the alarm setup screen, and "sent" it to the ECU, but it doesn't make any difference, it still won't change anything,

the codes have been set in the nanocom, so it's fully unlocked, the plipper setup has been done and they work OK.

do i have to set the alarm to "immobilise" (on the nanocom menu) to kick-start it into action? :unsure::unsure:

I'm pretty sure mine is in 'immobilise' mode... is it just not working at all?

Guest diesel_jim
I'm pretty sure mine is in 'immobilise' mode... is it just not working at all?

Ah, i'll try setting it to "immobilse", i just thought that was a test to see if it actually did immobilise, as opposed to kicking it into working.

will try.

i got a good email back yesterday from nanocom, but it didn't really point me in any direction.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My Nano recent tells me that...

Turbocharger is overboosting

Noisy Crank case signal

Both logged. I Cleared these codes but current is...

Turbo overboosting.

Any ideas whats up...?

Can I check the wastegate solenoid is working?

It now only "boosts" up to 1Bar (previously it boosted to 1.2bars) and barely gets up to 3000 rpm in fourth... :-(

Cheers

Simon

Disco II 1999 220,000km

Having pumped air into the Wastegate actuator, I know it "moves"... so I bypassed it - I believe this is known as the Defender Tweak.

Now no "Overboost" and only 1 bar of preasure but at least I can put my foot down and not have the car hic-up on me.

The Wastegate solenoid appears thus to be dead... I applied 12v to its 32ohm coil and nothing happens.. no click..no humming... no-air passage from bottom to middle.

Time to go shopping...

• 7 months later...