Front Door Motor / speakers / parcel shelf

siearl

I have a 99 S plate 3dr freelander. The front drivers door was working on the central locking but has now stopped. It wil stil lock off the remote but won't open. Has anyone any ideas and how easy to sort.

The second question is with regards to the front speakers does anyone know what size they are as hoping to try and replace them.

Lastly i have been looking at the load covers for the freelander can anyone tell me if the rollar one will fit and if not whre to get a reasonably priced rigid one or has anyone attempted to make there own.

Thanks for your help

Si

Can't answer the fist two, but the roller cover only fits the 5 door models. The 3 door ones have a solid plastic affair, which if you want a genuine one, is 'kin expensive! I have been keeping my eyes open for one for some time noe - they do turn up on eBlag tho, and someone is producing a copy, but I have no idea how good they are...

hth

Mark

Thanks thats what i thought that the rollar ones only fitted the 5 door model and like you say there are not a lot of rigid ones around a reasonable price. Think i might have to consider how hard it would be to make one with a bit of ply and sounding carpet

Thanks thats what i thought that the rollar ones only fitted the 5 door model and like you say there are not a lot of rigid ones around a reasonable price. Think i might have to consider how hard it would be to make one with a bit of ply and sounding carpet

My mate has a 3 door and he tinted the rear windows himself and it looks not bad keeps prying eyes out of the boot it cost him about £7.95 a roll and think he bought 3 rolls of window tint film dont know if you'd do that rather than making a cover

I have a 99 S plate 3dr freelander. The front drivers door was working on the central locking but has now stopped. It wil stil lock off the remote but won't open. Has anyone any ideas and how easy to sort.

The second question is with regards to the front speakers does anyone know what size they are as hoping to try and replace them.

Lastly i have been looking at the load covers for the freelander can anyone tell me if the rollar one will fit and if not whre to get a reasonably priced rigid one or has anyone attempted to make there own.

Thanks for your hel

Hi I have the same problem as you regarding the drivers door lock,

so will hope someone answers your question,,good luck..

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember if there is a key you can use in RH door, but if there is, does the LH door unlock with key as well as the remote? If it does then it suggests the central locking motor on the RH door has a fault, ie wont operate in one direction, in this case unlock. Usually requires a new/replacement motor assembly if it's seperate, or a whole latch/motor assembly if not seperate.

You could try taking the door trim off, which would give you access to the speaker for measuring, but you could also apply 12 volts direct from the battery to the RH central locking motor. If you can confirm it operates in one direction, then reverse the wires to check the other direction, you will have eliminated all the other possibilities in one fell swoop.