300 tdi excessive black smoke

Hi,

My 300TDI 110 now has around 215000 miles on it and I've noticed that when pulling away from a stand or powering up hills it makes quite a bit of balck smoke. Does anyone have any ideas on the quickist / cheapest way to cure this? I was thinking about starting replacing the injectors, AFAIK they are the origionals. Will the fuel pump have worn and be contributing to this or have I missed something?

There is absolutly no blue smoke its just thick black and gets worse if I push the peddle harder.

The vehicle is serviced religiously every 5500 miles so its not filters and has been smoking for a while now.

from something i asked earlier thats overfuelling but i'm not an expert. Try turning the fuel down a bit. As I understand it it prety simple to do. I was shown what to do but not whats its called to explain this to you. If this is unclear (which it certainly is :P ) i'll post in more detail tomorrow.

I'm not sure why overfuelling would start without changing something so something must have worn.

read somehwere that the injectors should be recon/rejetted every 70k miles, so it could be the spray pattern is poor and its not burning all the fuel - hence the black smoke.

at that sort of mileage it wouldnt hurt to whip them out and get them done and if it doesnt cure the problem, at least you have done some good maintanence.

Might be worth checking the turbo boost pressure?

If the turbo is worn or damaged it may not be flowing the correct amount of air, and as a result you get black smoke.

You should have more or less 1 bar of boost not long after 1900rpm, and it should hold there.