V8 Carburetor Setup. (Supply & Return)

SHY 7G

Hi All

I have a diagram of the typ. carb. setup for the flow of fuel and air to the inlet/outlets.

But matching it to what my carb. setup I can see that there is no float chamber overflow/breather port

on my carbs.

I have included photos showing the front and rear of my carb.'s

setup and wondered if someone could tell me where to connect. the return 6mm line to?

just out of curiosity would the return line be connected to the back of the feed line supplying the

driver's side carb.??

post-11268-0-56833200-1435397313_thumb.jpg

post-11268-0-09298700-1435397334_thumb.jpg

The 'return restrictors ' are in the return pipe. (I replaced mine with a sprung ball valve set to 4 psi). So it doesn't matter if the fuel enters left or right as they are just threaded 'T'.

I think you could block one and just feed 4-5psi! Return pipe seems a stupid idea that doesn't fix the issue of fuel boiling in the carbs.

The big plastic ports go to the rocker boxes. The 6mm next to them are the bowl breathers. I have one pipe on each of mine. They let some fuel out on really steep nose-downs. As long as the pipes clear the hot manifolds they are good.

Hi all I have is a straight 6mm return line with no type of return restrictor?? just need to know if by connecting the return line to the back of the opposite input line it will allow excess fuel to return??

the restriction is effectively the pipe nut and fitting - although the return line is 6mm bore the hole in the fitting is only

about 3mm dia . On your pics the rh connection is in and the lh is return . The overflow for the float bowls are the angled brass stubs

and the crankcase breathers are the larger grey stubs .

hth

Steveb

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just on with this on mine at the minute. I only have 2 pipes coming from the carbs for the fuel in. Does anyone know where I could get the restrictors/ parts that fit on to the carb from? Would I be able to just make them up with a metal t section and some fuel hose? Cheers Will