Disco td5 rough running under acceleration

Haulie

Hi all

My Discovery 2 Td5 when under acceleration from 2500 revs starts to stutter. It is fine once at fixed speed. It happens in all gears. I changed the injector loom. She has just been serviced but fuel filter not changed. Any ideas?

Thanks

Haulie

The first place I would start is with a bottle of injector cleaner.

Doesn't sound like the filter because its not slowing down, however for £7 or so it's worth doing before you put injector cleaner in there, you might as well concentrate the chemicals in the injectors rather than possibly lose some to a dirty filter..

I had a similar problem a few month back, my td5 disco would start fine run fine up till i reached around 2500 rpm, did the waste gate, injector seals, fuel filter, still had the problem, turned out to be the fuel sender unit. runs spot on now apart from a knocking watts linkage. lol

anyway just another thing to check dont know if it will help or not. hope you find what it is.

• 4 weeks later...