MOT due

Simon_CSK

I have posted part of this before but have still not resolved anything. The MOT is due next week so if I cannot get it done then I will need to pay someone to do it.

Issue 1 the off side tail light is not working have taken the bulbs out and both bulbs worked ok. I then checked the fed and I have an earth but no supply. When I ran a supply directly to it from the battery the lights on alarm started to ping which it has failed to do before. The side light are also not getting a supply but I think this is un related as the direct feed did not power them. I am thinking the feed problem id at either the dash or forward cabin areas. Can anyone help me to identify where I can start sticking my multi meter.

Issue 2 side lights not working. Again no feed and again where can I trace to and once in the loom it disappears.

Issue 3 this is an old one and before you ask I have checked the fuse and the relay and both work. The horn cruise control and the front fog lamps all do not work. Again where can I stick my meter. No smart answers please.

If bulbs and earth are ok, then go to the switch next. Check there is current to the switch, and a second current out when the switch is operated. If the switch is ok, then corroded connection on the way, or broken wire. Sometimes a broken wire is not easy to spot, as they sometimes break internally, and then locating that break is difficult. Bypassing the wire is by far the easiest way to determine that.

Les

If bulbs and earth are ok, then go to the switch next. Check there is current to the switch, and a second current out when the switch is operated. If the switch is ok, then corroded connection on the way, or broken wire. Sometimes a broken wire is not easy to spot, as they sometimes break internally, and then locating that break is difficult. Bypassing the wire is by far the easiest way to determine that.

Les

Les Thanks will try that next I have found so far the wiring to the O/S side light bulb was broken and the bulb on the N/S was bust now have lights to the N/S working and when I connect the O/S to the battery it operated both the front and rear lights and the bonger. The switch has to be working because it operated both the N/S side lights and the head lamps.

Hi.

I had a similar problem and never got to the root cause, but I wired the stop and tail of the other side via wiring across under the door seal. Something like that might get you a fix until you find the real fault.

Have thought of that the problem is that I would most likely never get round to putting it right.

• 3 weeks later...