will they fit or not???

Guest Fingers Mclean

Guest Fingers Mclean

Hi Guys,

I want to ask you landy people.. Has anyone fitted Disco 3 / new Range Rover wheels to a 02 Freelander?? are the stud patterns the same or not? or do you know where i can find out...its for the wifes freelander and it needs some new boots.. but i can get a set of range rover sport wheels cheaper than i can buy new boots for her 17" wheels.Any advice cheers Ali

Guest dew110CSW

From here

All Freelander wheels have five-stud fixings and are designed to combine style with toughness and practicality. Original-equipment tire specifications were specially developed in conjunction with the suppliers to give an optimized combination of pavement and off-road performance.

Looking on ebay RRS wheels LOOK to be five stud so I assume the answer is yes they will fit, not 100% sure though!

Looking on ebay RRS wheels LOOK to be five stud so I assume the answer is yes they will fit, not 100% sure though!

A bit to generalistic a statement, that!

About as useful as saying that because RRS wheels are 5 stud they will fit a 1948 Series 1 and my old Mk2 Granada!

PCD is key here, not the number of holes

Number of holes is quite important too - I really struggled to get those six stud Shogun rims on to my Discovery but after a while with the electric drill I got them on :D

I am also fairly sure they won't fit... I think D3 stud spacing is somewhere between Freelander and "proper" Land Rover wheels.

Guest Fingers Mclean
Back on topic :ph34r::lol::lol:

Freelander 1 PCD is 5 x 114 (the only Land Rover ever with this PCD :blink: )

L322 Range Rover etc is 5 x 120

interesting thread this turned out to be :lol: :lol: :o

So i take it then that the new range rover sport and discovery 3 have the same

PCD 5 x 120 ?

• 1 month later...
RRS and D3 are basically the same vehicle under the skin as far as chassis and drivetrain goes. Peer under the back end of a RRS and then under the back end of a D3 and you will see what I mean.

Have a look on fleabay, there are many auctions for Jag Xtype wheels which DO fit. I know, I have a set of 205/16 fitted to mine - much better traction.

• 1 month later...

just had a look on ebay and it would apear that the jag x type wheels are 5x108 where the freelander are 5x114 so the jag wheels wont fit properly but in looking further into it a lot of jap wheels have the correct pcd and offset so i will look for some jap wheels for my wifes car

• 1 month later...
just had a look on ebay and it would apear that the jag x type wheels are 5x108 where the freelander are 5x114 so the jag wheels wont fit properly but in looking further into it a lot of jap wheels have the correct pcd and offset so i will look for some jap wheels for my wifes car

A large number of Honda parts are used in the freelander 1 so its no suprise that some are in the F2

the racers steering bosses are from a civic

Hi Guys,

I want to ask you landy people.. Has anyone fitted Disco 3 / new Range Rover wheels to a 02 Freelander?? are the stud patterns the same or not? or do you know where i can find out...its for the wifes freelander and it needs some new boots.. but i can get a set of range rover sport wheels cheaper than i can buy new boots for her 17" wheels.Any advice cheers Ali

Well the Disco 3 has the same stud pattern as the BMW X5. Seen alot of D3's in Aus with X5 wheels on .

I have heard that the 02 Freelander (year) will fit on to some fords. Bloke wanted to buy some of me for a ford bager as the wheels made the car taller. He told me they fit fords. But i have never tested it. But the ford ones should fit the freelander if it is the case