Not Landrover-transit electrical

jbs

Good morning all,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a continuing problem I have with my transit, when I plug my Iphone in to charge it the radio loses most if not all of it's signal and all i get is white noise, however if i remove it then I get radio 2 etc. back, the satnav I use sometimes (It charges off the same cigarette lighter socket) does not affect the radio at all, how or what is causing the interference when I plug my phone in to charge when on the move?It's a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.

Mod's I appreciate this is not land rover based but with all of the expertise on here I'd rather come here to ask than go somewhere else.

Thank you all In advance

John

You are using a cheap charger which puts out a lot of RF noise and interferes with the radio. Buy a quality one (Apple, Belkin, etc.), or better yet, one of the BlueSea USB sockets for the dash. Worked for me.

Chris

• Like 2

Good morning all,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a continuing problem I have with my transit, when I plug my Iphone in to charge it the radio loses most if not all of it's signal and all i get is white noise, however if i remove it then I get radio 2 etc. back, the satnav I use sometimes (It charges off the same cigarette lighter socket) does not affect the radio at all, how or what is causing the interference when I plug my phone in to charge when on the move?It's a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.

Mod's I appreciate this is not land rover based but with all of the expertise on here I'd rather come here to ask than go somewhere else.

Thank you all In advance

John

Well I have faced similar issue earlier and it was due to bad charger.. you need to change it..

Chris, Many thanks for your pointer to a bad charging unit, I have bought a Belkin one from amazon and this has solved my problem-No RF interference at all, Just goes to show just because the original device does the job of charging my phone doesn't mean it's not going to cause another problem

John