Original storage ideas for a D-90

BrUcE

Guest dew110CSW

Trick floors are always a good one, Also I always thought for not so heavy items you could attach shelving to the roof up in the top of the load bay, keeps it out of the way.

i quite like the look of the ali boxes that devon 4x4 have on ther challenge truck, i have seen a link for them somewhere but not sure where, they were about £150,

if not a friend has some home made ones that he constructed with the rear tub of his hybrid, is just chequer plate bolted to the side of the wheel arch and then the lid goes to the capping of the rear tub,

did have a pic but can't find it now.

Cheers

James

I did something pretty similar in my old defender, secondhand BT steel tool box, bolted to the wheel-box, bolt heads out side, Nylocs inside... it worked really well as a store box and had a padlock hasp so it could be used as a strong box.

The other thing you could look at is large cashbox/ valuables boxes... good for security, and cheap from places like office world and Makro...

Ah you've edited it now. Was wondering what tube you was talking about! :blink:

Anyway something that is extra wierd is the fact that I was looking in another post on here about suspension and found the exact thing I was talking about on someone elses landy! :o

Anyway here is the piccy I found \/ \/ \/

daan041.jpg

the amount of work involved in re creating the above pic

can't be under estimated, not just a case of removing a floor panel and fitting some waffles in place.

look at he fabrication of the wheel tubs and the work to cover the axle components.

why remove the original floor any way?

underneath are the tub cross braces remove these and as Julian says there'll be issues with tub support.

In the back of mine the floor is missing!!!! the reason being is there is the fuel tank in tha back and sooner or later a rear winch will be fettled to sit in there :D also its so easy to clean. As for the waffle boards i think the tried and tested waffle board holders across the back is good an easy to get to etc etc, but if you do decide to go along the route of fabricating your own tub, pics please ;)

the amount of work involved in re creating the above pic

can't be under estimated, not just a case of removing a floor panel and fitting some waffles in place.

look at he fabrication of the wheel tubs and the work to cover the axle components.

why remove the original floor any way?

underneath are the tub cross braces remove these and as Julian says there'll be issues with tub support.

White 90, that sounds ridiculously sensible for someone who cuts his front wings and puts bend steel tube back in place. Next thing you say is that it isn't worth it. Well it is for me, It allowed me to have all my spare parts and oils under the floor, and all living consumables above it, there is not much space in an 88 inch, and this way I had clear view behind me and Cof G low. Outside competition, after a clean, you have a nice anti slip floor, with all your tools and equipment underneath it, very practical.

In my case, There is no suspension A-frame, allowing me to take max advantage of the space saving. The lowered floor just bolts onto the chassis, which it is hard up against.

daan

Daan

I expect you have misunderstood the meaning of my post

it is obviously a good design/idea and very well done

but for Mr mudmonkey to recreate, I was pointing out the amount of work involved to recreate such a decent piece of work

isn't to be underestimated.

plus Mr MM doesn't have an 88 and I doubt for a while won't be entering the RFC type event.

OK, you want original ideas ? Then how's this I made to

fit under the centre seat on the 90.

Made to fit round the LT77 but I'm sure one similar would fit

other boxes.

It's not huge but takes an SLR camera and is pretty well hidden.

If I had time and could be ar**d I'd market them. :D

mini-DSCF0444.jpg

mini-DSCF0446.jpg

ps.... Although I have Micra seats at the mo, the box was made when I had the

std Landy seats in. The lid just cleared the centre seat rails. Well hidden ! ;)

other boxes.

mini-DSCF0444.jpg

mini-DSCF0446.jpg

std Landy seats in. The lid just cleared the centre seat rails. Well hidden ! ;)

The ****!

other boxes.

mini-DSCF0444.jpg

mini-DSCF0446.jpg

Hope you don't put anything like an SLR in there on a long trip. Gets Bloody hot around there. <_<

Daan

I expect you have misunderstood the meaning of my post

it is obviously a good design/idea and very well done

but for Mr mudmonkey to recreate, I was pointing out the amount of work involved to recreate such a decent piece of work

isn't to be underestimated.

plus Mr MM doesn't have an 88 and I doubt for a while won't be entering the RFC type event.

No worrys, but I think the idea would work well on a 90 too, especially to keep the length of the waffleboards, I had to shorten mine, limited by the PTO sticking out of the gearbox.

My setup really emerged because the car was build from the ground up and I realized how much unused space there is on a landy, bad packaging really.

Daan