300 Tdi Pistons, rings and liners

With winter coming on I need a valid reason to disappear into the man shed for several hours to avoid mundane tasks like helping with housework (the bane of the semi-retired! :( ) so I've purchased and engine frame from Aldi and I've got a used motor on order that I'm going to rebuild as a "blue-printed engine" just for the sheer hell of it and to while away the hours and burn up some superannuation funds.

Can you tell me the part numbers of the available sets of pistons available with their respective piston rings , I was thinking of one size down from the maximum available - (no need to give me all the part numbers) - to give me room to manouver later on should a second re-bore be required - and do I need to look at putting in liners?

I'll be getting the crank checked for journal diameters and ballance and if it needs to be re-ground I'll contact you for bearing sizes and part numbers etc.

haha baffled me with the winter comment, but then saw where you were!

Have you got a copy of the workshop manual? - funnily enough I had similar thoughts the other day, the manual gives you all the engine tolerances etc.

A good parts resource is lrcat.com althought 50% in russian, its quite useable.

If you go to here http://www.landroverweb.com/landrover/pdf-land-rover-manuals/ you'll probably find a manual with a 300tdi parts list too.

Mav