no power or revs 200tdi

hi, went out this morning everything seemed ok and then no power and no revs, it started a few weeks ago, going up hill this morning and had to pull over no power not even in 1st gear had to turn round and had to crawl home cutting out and blowing loads white smoke out, already change fuel filter and lift pump to no avail any ideas asap need truck tomorrow hopefully, dd

white smoke is unburnt diesel. So it still runs as such?? just lumpy... I would start with the injectors - make sure they are all firing the same then move onto the pump itself assuming the injectors are fine. maybe the timing belt has jumped a tooth for whatever reason.. as it sounds familiar for lack of power yet still runs.

not much help I know but its a start.

all sorted, it was the pick up pipe out the tank, the gauze on the end of pipe was caked up with waxy/oily substance, and I would advise everyone to check theres for the sake of ten minutes saves a lot of hassle in the long run, some say take the gauze off but surely in affect it was doing its job other wise it would have gone in the filter and god knows where else, and now truck running great dd

I've heard something like that before and read it on one of other forums when I was trying work out what the fault was on my truck, truck is 1987 d90 owned it 41/2 years never had pick up pipe before, chap I had it off let is young son ride round the farm in it he only used red diesel, that waxy oily stuff really slimey and gooee, I thought it was when the diesel got to cold and a substance in it separated from the diesel, dd