TD5 Electric Windows

ricc

Hi.

I have an '04 Defender TD5. The electric window on the drivers' side has stopped working. I have checked the cables for breakages etc and no probs. The passenger side window works fine, and always has. I have tested the wires that go into the motor and i can't get a reading on my tester. The window has always worked fine until yesterday, when it became intermittent and then stopped working completely.

Any help would be much appreciated. :rolleyes:

When you say you've tested the wires going into the motor, do you mean you've tested for volts while operating the switch or for Ohms (resistance) across the motor?

If you found no voltage, it may well be the switch as K88 MUD says but there is also a seperate 20 Amp fuse for each window.

post-13593-125862866909_thumb.gif

Hi, I just finished repairing my 2 power windows on my 2004 TD5 defender also. In my case it was the relay under the fuse box under a/c that was the problem. I presume its not the relay in your case because your passenger side works. Most likely it would be the fuse. I think number 34 or number 35 if I remember correctly. However, it could be the switch because you say it didn't just stop working but rather intermittently worked and not worked until finally it stopped working altogether.