Seven Sisters September 27th & 28th - all welcome

Shire Land Rover Club cordially invite you all to come and enjoy a dirty weekend at the excellent Walters Arena in Wales, also known as the venue for King Of The Valleys.

We're a family-friendly club and the site is suitable for all vehicles & abilities.

The campsite is Dan-Yr-Ogof showcaves just down the road from Seven Sisters and just over the road from an excellent pub (leave the pot noodle at home!), or you can lodge elsewhere if you'd rather.

As always, £5 from each booking goes to Hampshire & Isle Of Wight Air Ambulance.

See www.7sisters.co.uk for info & online booking.

Here's a rather good video from a previous outing to whet your appetite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeCayrekpfI

And another:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd really like to go to Walters arena, but it's quite far away and a lot of money compared to kirton

I wouldn't have thought it would have been that much further than kirton for you Lewis.

And whilst it is quite a lot of money its a very very large site that is eye wateringly expensive to rent.

I'm viewing it as more of a once a year, somewhere completely different to offroad, the scale if not technical difficulty of the site is quite something.

Although I do find it disappointing that camping isn't allowed on the site, its tolerable for a one off

Chris - most of us go to the pub over the road from the campsite as they are very friendly, the food's good, and it saves having to wash up. For lunch people nip off site to the town and either buy pasties / sandwiches or visit a burger van or cafe.

elbekko - I'm sure we can find someone, there were 2 p38's and a couple of freelanders last time.

elbekko, I (possibly we) will be in one vehicle too, a fairly standard 90 and will not be able to be going too extreme so happy to tag along with other similarly (un?)adventurous folk.

Thanks Fridge, didn't want to be assuming I would be pubbing only to find out that everyone else stays on site and I would have to wonder off alone, a friendless lonely soul :hysterical:

Cheers

Chris

Had a fantastic weekend in spite of a slight disagreement between a rock and my transfer box. By the time I had finished having a little panic the Belgian contingent had a tarpaulin out and were under the car with a socket set.

The fix held up very well, no problems on the way home and not the slightest signs of leaking, still looking good this morning although I think I will be ordering a gasket any minute now and digging out a spare plate.

Great to meet everyone

Chris