TD4 2000 White Smoke, engine oil in exhaust

tempo345

Hi, just got a Freelander 2000reg from a friend, he left it standing in the garage for (3yrs) as he claims there was alot of white smoke coming from the exhaust. He recently tried to open the injectors but he spoilt the threads on one of the injectors.
I got the TD4 off him, done the threads with helicoil put back the injector, it was low in engine oil. So, I added more oil and it did start, its fine when its cold but as it warms up and you give throttle it starts emitting white smoke from the exhaust and also throws out engine oil, as there is a big black patch on the ground behind the exhaust and the oil level has gone low.
I was wondering if anyone can help me, find the fault with it?

Hi Tempo!

If you're emitting white smoke then you're burning oil. Is the oil leak coming out only on the exhaust or within the confines of the engine? Have you checked the crankcase breather assembly, the filter might also be blocked.

Thanks