Extending a 110 chassis to make 130

Where can I find drawings and dimensions of both 110 chassis and 130 chassis?

The job involves taking a 110 and streching it to make a 130 special.

Where would be the best place to cut and extend?

Money is no object....are there any companies who make special chassis like this?

Thx,

S.

The 130 is actually a 127" W/B. Landrover themselves cut and welded a 17" section in the middle when it first made 127's. Have a look at a genuine one so you know how its done. Basically cut in the middle where there are no crossmembers add 17" then weld back up with some plates over the join to strenghtn. Both Richards and Designa will both do a new 127" chassis. Richards are 2.5mm thick I think, don't know if they would make it thicker. Designa will make it whatever thickness you want. I had mine made in 4mm.

Gaza

The 130 is actually a 127" W/B. Landrover themselves cut and welded a 17" section in the middle when it first made 127's. Have a look at a genuine one so you know how its done. Basically cut in the middle where there are no crossmembers add 17" then weld back up with some plates over the join to strenghtn. Both Richards and Designa will both do a new 127" chassis. Richards are 2.5mm thick I think, don't know if they would make it thicker. Designa will make it whatever thickness you want. I had mine made in 4mm.

Gaza

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rangerover-6-wheel-r...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just found this on ebay. It's a 6 wheel Rangie chassis, apparently solid as a rock, ex fire brigade. Starting at 550 with a reserve. Just listed on ebay, I have been monitoring ebay for defenders to replace my one (now someone elses).

Guest diesel_jim

Here's the chasiss dimensions taken from RAVE.

(you need the 110 ones as well for full chassis dims, as the 130 pictures only show 130 relative bits... which is, i suppose, what you need... :blink: )

post-130-1188210256_thumb.jpg

post-130-1188210296_thumb.jpg

post-130-1188210388_thumb.jpg

post-130-1188210432_thumb.jpg

Streaky,

Here's something else that might be useful (I know you're running a big V8), can't remember where I found it though!L316_CONVERSION_MANUAL.pdf

Cheers,

T

I just sold the 130 to Sheik Hamdan (the rainbow sheik dude) this week. He made me an offer that i couldn't refuse. Paper work is being done this week for export down to his Palace. (I don't forsee the Police making any problems considering who the new owner is!)

This chassis is also for him. He's in talks with Rolls Royce to make the ultimate luxury Defender. Finding the right chassis has been a problem untill the above posts shed some light on the availability of some from the UK. We're already in discussion with Roberts Chassis.

He's insistant on a solid axle.... none of the namby pamby independant stuff for him, he's a purist when it comes to off roading.

As for 6x6's.... if you want I can get the conversion done on your 110 for around 25,000Dhs. ($3500).

Sheik Kaliffa's 6x6 FJ150 Ford Pick up is one from my boys down in Al Daid.... as are the Land Cruiser 6x6's that you'd see buzzing the hills of Iran and other no-go districts.

My favorite is a 100" Land Cruiser FJ 6x6 thats used just to transport water barrels around the farm....the base vehicle must be about 25 years old but Othman had a bunch of spares lying around and decided to throw it together just for the hell of it.

Laters.

S.

I just sold the 130 to Sheik Hamdan (the rainbow sheik dude) this week. He made me an offer that i couldn't refuse. Paper work is being done this week for export down to his Palace. (I don't forsee the Police making any problems considering who the new owner is!)

You sold it, now what are you going to build up?

Is he going to use it or put it in his museum?

I'm down in Yemen right now, saw a couple of intersting Defenders here, with SAM's in the back of the pickups at the airport, they really frown on us taking pics of there equipment...what to do?

Will be intersted to hear what your next project will be, on a side note the dbl cab that i have was owned by the sheikh up in saudi that has the import rights for Landy's, he had his workshop convert it from a county wagon, it was then sold to the person that I bought it from (I'm only the 3rd owner with 102k km on it)

Cheers

T

You sold it, now what are you going to build up?

Is he going to use it or put it in his museum?

I'm down in Yemen right now, saw a couple of intersting Defenders here, with SAM's in the back of the pickups at the airport, they really frown on us taking pics of there equipment...what to do?

Will be intersted to hear what your next project will be, on a side note the dbl cab that i have was owned by the sheikh up in saudi that has the import rights for Landy's, he had his workshop convert it from a county wagon, it was then sold to the person that I bought it from (I'm only the 3rd owner with 102k km on it)

Cheers

T

Long story......here's the short version.

Sheik Hamdan Al Nayan is one of the world's richest men. He's also a car freak like no other I have ever seen.

His latest ambition/project is to build a replica Rolls Royce Phantom IV with 4 wheel drive. Hence we were looking for a 130 chassis to start the build. I did some trawling and put up a few posts etc.

He saw mine and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I went down to meet him last week, he gave me the money and then said " I only want the engine, the chassis, the axles and suspension...the rest of the car will be scrapped so take off what you want".

The car has a full length roll cage, 8274 winch, twin Optimas, LT85 box, dual air-conditioning, custom dash, excellent seats, custom rear cab, on-board air tanks, three fuel tanks...the list goes on and on.

Here's my 130 parked up next to his daily driver at the palace.post-264-1188739075_thumb.jpg You might have seen him cruising Abu Dhabi?

Thanks for the inputs guys.....but I came out with a cheque in the end!

Laters.

S.