My Megajolt installation

Quagmire

I bought mine from Autosportlabs.

It cost £65 in kit form (February 2010), and £17 to ship it from the USA.

It does seem to have disappeared from their website though.

The surface mount stuff was fiddly, but not complicated.

Try emailing them and asking them: sales@autosportlabs.com

Mike

I can confirm that Brett has stopped production of the kit form. I used to solder them up, and several forum members have bought one from me in the past. Brett has decided that as the microprocessor has now to be surface mount as there is no longer a through hole, and therefore socketable, alternative available, that the risk of damage to the processor through inexpert soldering is too high, and therefore the only option is one fully made.

In my opinion, and as a fervent supporter of MJ in the past I'm saying this, is if you are competent to do the soldering, spend your money on the megasquirt kit and just use it for ignition. Then if you want to upgrade later the kit is in place.

Check for yourself the pricing Megasquirt Megajolt

I have sold all but one of my MJ kits, my RR is currently very happy with MS on ignition only.

RR

Brett has decided that as the microprocessor has now to be surface mount as there is no longer a through hole, and therefore socketable, alternative available, that the risk of damage to the processor through inexpert soldering is too high, and therefore the only option is one fully made.

That seems a little heavy handed to me. Who is Brett to decide whether or not his customers are capable of SMD soldering? :blink:

Damn! What a shame :( - I was planning on going MS on my 90 anyway, that'll free up a unit for one of the other family vehicles.

Does kind of kill the argument that if you have you need a new dizzy you might as well go MJ for the same price as a replacement.

Yeah, BOTOH, *HE* would have to deal with all the returned botched units.

I can see his point entirely TBH.

^^^^^ Yup, I bet he has already seen more mis-soldered disasters than you could shake a stick at. Never underestimate a customers ability to wreck any kind of kit however simple it may seem

• 1 year later...

hi

i`m busy with my mjlt installation and it goes well the only thing i want to know is how to connect the ht leads to the coil packs.

working on a rrc 3.5 v8 with edelbrock carb.

i do know that coil 1 is to cil 1 and 6 ect how is this related to the coils?

i`ve mounted the coils on top of the waterpump with the connectors sideways, so 1 connector pointed to left cil.bank and one connector to right cil.bank.

i hope someone can help me whit this issue because i`m scarred to blew something.