Anybody done 300tdi/lt77 conversion in a 90

I've done 300 into a ex diesel turbo 110 hi cap.

Fuel lines I just spliced them at the bulkhead and riveted the disco fuel filter to the bulkhead.

Oil pipes where from a 200tdi. Q

Coolant pipes fitted I think one might have needed lengthening at the top hose but can't quite remember.

Just made up an exhaust section with a flex joint in it.

It was pretty easy mostly.

Picture worth a thousand words...

post-20087-0-73930200-1464041510_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've done 300 into a ex diesel turbo 110 hi cap.

Fuel lines I just spliced them at the bulkhead and riveted the disco fuel filter to the bulkhead.

Oil pipes where from a 200tdi. Q

Coolant pipes fitted I think one might have needed lengthening at the top hose but can't quite remember.

Just made up an exhaust section with a flex joint in it.

It was pretty easy mostly.

Picture worth a thousand words...

attachicon.gifIMG-20160523-WA0005.jpg

Pictures very helpful but one question. Where does the braided hose from the oil breather attach as i notice yours is inattached in the pic

Well I used the air hoses from the disco which plumbed in pretty easily I was missing a fitting in that picture and just attached it to the normal place it goes to on a 300tdi (round the back of the engine and it T's into the turbo inlet hose.

I didn't even look at using the original viscous fan, I just installed an electric one (and this is only needed when the truck was used to harrow the field).

I was really quite impressed at the ease of how well it went in, and with very few modifications really.

The PAS pipes I used a pipe cutter to crop the Disco hi pressure line and the original hi pressure line at a suitable place then I just re-joined them with a compression fitting.

You can probably do the piping a lot tidier than what you see in the picture, but I was on a shoestring budget so just used what I could find in various piles of scrap parts - turns out I need little out with the donor and original engine parts.

• Like 1

Photobucket doesn't work from the office but I used 300tdi engine mounts which enabled the standard 300tdi downpipe to be used. A 300tdi disco air filter (square plastic one) sits on the inner wing just in front of the heater and is connected by a disco air intake pipe. Oil breather hose is the same as Maverik said above.

Fuel pipes all married up with no problems and the fuel filter is mounted to the bulkhead inboard of the clutch master cylinder - seem to remember I used the 2.5td rivnuts in the bulkhead to mount it

Radiator hoses were cut and extended with pieces of tube, a 200Tdi conversion top intercooler hose was the right length, the bottom is a mis-match of stainless tube/silicone but works fine.

The PAS hoses seem to reach without needing extending but don't quite sit flat against the front crossmember.

If you are interested I have a set of Steve Parker 300tdi extended oil cooler pipes that are still in the box?

I'll try and post a couple of pictures later on :)

Harry

Hello there.

I cut the center out of my 2.5 na flywheel housing to retain 300 tdi crank seal when matting it to an LT77. Seen it on the www.

Meaning all bolts, studs and nuts engine to gearbox used.

The engine does sit back a bit, had to do two 90 degree bends for the exhaust at the manifold one engine mount made up.

Extended the oil cooler hoses power steering stretched.

Used 2.5 na air filter mounted on a small cradle hung of where the air con (i think) would mount on a 300 tdi and pipe over to the turbo.

Photobucket doesn't work from the office but I used 300tdi engine mounts which enabled the standard 300tdi downpipe to be used. A 300tdi disco air filter (square plastic one) sits on the inner wing just in front of the heater and is connected by a disco air intake pipe. Oil breather hose is the same as Maverik said above.

Fuel pipes all married up with no problems and the fuel filter is mounted to the bulkhead inboard of the clutch master cylinder - seem to remember I used the 2.5td rivnuts in the bulkhead to mount it

Radiator hoses were cut and extended with pieces of tube, a 200Tdi conversion top intercooler hose was the right length, the bottom is a mis-match of stainless tube/silicone but works fine.

The PAS hoses seem to reach without needing extending but don't quite sit flat against the front crossmember.

If you are interested I have a set of Steve Parker 300tdi extended oil cooler pipes that are still in the box?

I'll try and post a couple of pictures later on :)

Harry

How much you want for them?

So far iv got the engine in using Steve parkers bolt on mount kit, using 300tdi flywheel housing, removed dowel and one lower stud from flywheel housing and mounted to 2.5na bellhousing. Got adapted on the turbo to stop the pipes rubbing on the bulkhead, replaced temperature sender to suit my gauge, power steering box is in and fitted up. Still got to do exhaust, air supply, oil cooler and fuel lines and get all the coolant and intercooler pipe work installed. Got a kenlowe lying in the garage so will be electric fan for me.post-39652-0-59879400-1464125482_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

The problem with using the 2.5 n/a bell housing is you cannot set the timing. This I know, because I have that bell housing also. I have a trick for this though. I cannot see the need to cut a hole to clear the crank seal, as the 200 and n/a has the same size crank seal journal.

daan

Got adapted on the turbo to stop the pipes rubbing on the bulkhead,

It is a bit tight at the back but to be honest the discovery air pipe fits OK, have you done something better?

For the exhaust downpipe I figured it as best to make the new downpipe in stainless so I wouldn't need to do it again for a long time. I made a new flange and tiged two 45 degree bends to clear the engine mount, after the stainless downpipe it all then interfaces to any standard (or custom) exhaust you choose.

The old NA flywheel housing fits allowing you to use the old oil seal but cutting out the centre allows you to use the better 300 rear main oil seal - I'm pleased that I did that as many years on mine is still drip free. Also retain the dowels for locating the engine, the bolts hold it together ok but the dowels locate it accurately. Its only a few seconds with a reamer ( or even a file ) and makes for a better job than the oft suggested bodge of pulling them out.

HTH

How much you want for them?

£45 sound ok? They are £62 on the website, I bought them from Steve Parker a year ago, they have oily finger prints on them but never been fitted and still in the original box.

Sounds like you are cracking along with the conversion, keep up the good work :i-m_so_happy:

Harry

£45 sound ok? They are £62 on the website, I bought them from Steve Parker a year ago, they have oily finger prints on them but never been fitted and still in the original box.

Sounds like you are cracking along with the conversion, keep up the good work :i-m_so_happy:

Harry

Harry

Harry

£45 good to me. Message me some payment details and I'll get ya paid. Cheers

post-39652-0-13403200-1464546928_thumb.jpegpost-39652-0-11231400-1464546946_thumb.jpegpost-39652-0-99513900-1464546968_thumb.jpegpost-39652-0-21735700-1464546986_thumb.jpeg

The nearside mount is the mount off the 2.5na reused but mounted in the rear set of mounting holes. The old 300tdi mounts need cut just before the rear set of holes so it can be used as supports for the bottom of the flywheel housing. I had to trim a small piece of the housing to allow for the slave cylinder too.