Td4 vibration- a little different to the others though....

johny105

Hi guys and gals,

I'll start from the beginning. Way back in feb2014 I changed the clutch on my 2000 td4 due to slipping,

The very moment the wheels went on the floor it made the most awful greating noise when taking drive up but shut up after 5mph,

I diagnosed this as the flywheel and hated myself for not doing it whilst it was all in bits.( it didn't look that bad -minimal movement )

Fast forward to last weekend and I'm doing the flywheel, I opted for the solid flywheel conversion.

Anyway after re-assembly and roadtest said noise is gone from setting off and take up off drive, now it's is back around 2-3krevs in 3rd and 4th.

Dip the clutch and it disappears instantly.

Now the car.

As I said its a 2000 X td4

Running no prop for numerous years

2x new driveshafts

Tyres could be better but this is not tyres.

Now for me.

I'm a psv mechanic by trade so I'm not spanner dumb just a bit out of touch on the car side of things.

Having had a quick search my instinct now points to input shaft bearing.

2nd opinions and experiences are greatly encouraged.

I have done a search as I know how forums are very very repetitive and it can become tedious, but I feel that my problem isn't covered

Cheers johny