AWDC Challenge North West 2014

Boothy

Chris Booth and John Sales are proud to announce the news that by popular demand we will be be running the AWDC Challenge North West series of 4 events again this year

We will be making a full statement shortly with all the details but thing are well into the planning stages and we intend to keep to the format and scoring system which worked so well in 2012

This was a handicap scoring system which was quite simply, the more toys - the less points.

Rear steer, portals, hydro steer, multiple winches all welcome

We have some fantastic sponsors already including,

Dan at Wrex Racing, Paul at West Coast 4x4, John at Saley Winches, we are seeking a 4th sponsor, maybe you?

We have some preliminary dates which are as follows,

Dates are

Round 1 - 23rd March

Round 2 - 27th April

Round 3 - 21st September

Round 4 - 19th October

Sites will be,

Bob Smiths Uplands Coppice nr Bridgnorth a hugely popular site

Ince, nr Wigan Lancs, and new and unused site, which is huge

Mow Cop, nr Congleton, Cheshire, another popular site

And AN other yet to be announced, but will be up to spec.

These sites are NOT in order and a 4th site is in the process of being secured.

Further details to follow, but be assured all sites will have toilets and good camping ground.

We have a new setting out team, new scrutineer, and new Clerk of Course,

But you are stuck with me and Saley i'm afraid.

And you are blessed and covered by the AWDC and MSA insurance.

Keep you eyes peeled more to follow shortly.

This series will be actively encouraging newcomers into the sport by offering help and advice and of course patience.

We aim to cater for the big boys, the experienced crews and also single winch newcomers.

A competition for the competitor, run by the competitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update for you confirming dates, venues and rules and regs etc.

The AWDC North West Challenge 2014

Sponsored by, Wrex Racing, West Coast 4x4, Saley Winches,

These events wil consist of 4 rounds at some of the finest North West sites we can find.

They are all to be run under the MSA rules and regs and are suppored and backed by the AWDC.

A MSA licence will be required.

A list of invited clubs will follow soon.

All 4 rounds will have free camping available to competitiors and Marshals/Officials etc and toilet facilities will be there.

There will be a trophy for the Overall series winner which will be the "Best of 3 out of 4 rounds" scores.

Entrance will be £65 per round and will be payable by either Cheque or Cash, a discount of £20 (£5 per round) will be given if all 4 rounds are entered and paid for 14 days before the series comences (if any of the rounds are not entered for any reasons, then the discount will be forefitted and the rounds will be charged at full price).

Links will be posted in the very near future and entry forms, rules and technical regulations will be available very shortly on the AWDC website.

Round 1 - 23rd March, at Ince-in-Makerfield near Wigan, huge site and unused for Challenges. Postcode WN3 4NL

Round 2 - 27th April, at Pear Tree Farm, Lee Bridge, Near Matlock, top site and one of my favourites. Postcode DE4 5JN

Round 3 - 21st September, at Upland Coppice, Near Bridgnorth. Top top site, Postcode WV16 5LS

Round 4 - 19th October, Mow Cop, Near Congleton, best view in England (can see Wales boyo's) Postcode ST7 3PW

Same Rules and Regs as 2012, the same popular scoring system, double punch cards (left and right).

We will be getting some more details in the next few days.

Details will be on the AWDC website, Facebook - AWDC Challenge North West 2014 group.

Please get in touch and let us know.

Me on 07973 775045 Saley on 07798900812

Run by competitors, fo competitors.

Please be supportive.

Due to us having a few problems uploading on to the AWDC website could anyone who requires an entry form, Rules and Tech regs please PM an address to me and I will send one in the post.

This should will speed things up for a day or two.

We are getting a lot of interest from competitors so please get them in a quick as possible as we are limiting entries to 30 a round and this will include up to 25 (max) full series entries.

If you have a number that is on Nobbys (The Welsh Extreme website) list please let me know on the entry form otherwise a number will be allocated to you. I have block booked a group of numbers for this purpose.

Cheers

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still awaiting a few entry forms that I know people are sending in to arrive.

Please remember that NO entries will be accepted after the 8th March post has arrived, its not a play day, no turn up and enter on the day will be considered.

We have to know the numbers for various reasons,

The butty vans a stunner, you will not be disappointed, trust me.

So pens to paper boys and girls, its getting close.......

Chris 07973 775045

• 2 weeks later...

Is it spectator friendly? Is one allowed to spectate? Is there anything to see?! :P

I'm kinda on the fence about 4x4 competition, my vehicle is built to a good standard these days and is ever improving but I'm not sure if I want to compete with it, at any level! :D

Having a look to see what the deal is would be nice, having never attended any 4x4 competition, I feel it may help :)

Is just like to see what I am letting myself in for, and how well supported the entry levels are :)

Not much point if 33" is going to see me snapping winch ropes all day, and upgrading the vehicle for the sake of improving my performance is something I wish to steer very clear of, been there before with 1:10 scale RC racers and 1:1 scale track cars and it gets too expensive too quick! :o

Ok guys, we have got just a week to go before entries close and are still a short of the minimum which Saley and I have set to run a event, which is 20.

So like I said before don't turn up like a play day, it is not, and you will not be accepted, we need definite numbers for door stickers, polo shirts, trophys etc.

If we don't the the twenty for round1 we certainly won't run the remaining rounds.

So you are intending to enter get it to me, if not please don't moan in the future about lack of events.

Its up to you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the current entry list for next Sunday Round 1 of the Challenge North West

Number, Driver, co-Driver

313, Barrie Gee, Jonathan Wood

123, Anthony Jones, TBC

015, Wayne Newton, Simon Allen

021, John Bonner, Craig Siddall

300, Ian Blackhurst, David Blackhurst

301, Martyn Campbell, TBA

302, David Tarn, Mark Hogg

303, Roland Scott, Steven Scott

110, Simon Crowe, Darren McGuiness

421 Malcolm Whitbread, TBA

247 John Sales, Dan Thomas

666 John Lawn, TBA

304 Roger Ferguson, Kevin Thomas

305 Wayne Gotheridge, Aaron Johnson

306 James Sunderland, Jessica Sunderland

307 Derrick Boustead, Ian Boustead

308 Chris Berryman, Lee Brodrick

309 Richard Nicholson, TBA

133 Simon Lee, Dan Hickling

141 Chris Booth, Thomas Booth.

Timetable for Sunday is as follows

Scrutineering will be open at 08.00hrs

Drivers briefing at 09.00hrs

Start should be at 10.00hrs

If every one is ready and willing we may start a little earlier but only at everyones consent.

Please make arrangements to remove ALL your litter from the site

There will be a comination lock on the gates from Saturday afternoon, some phone numbers will be on a board fastened to gate to get access for competitors and officals, and those who need it.

Spectators are allowed but will have to park on the access road (plenty of room) and then walk around the site, its not far. Thanks for your co-operation. Please leave room on the access for trailers etc.

As promised the scores from Round 1 of the AWDC Challenge North West 2014

Driver. Punches. Punch tot. Special. Total. Place

D Boustead. 37. 2960. 500. 3460. 1

B Gee. 44. 2640. 720. 3360. 2

M Campbell. 28. 2380. 770. 3150. 3

S Crowe. 31. 2325. 790 3115. 4

S Lee. 26. 2340. 480. 2820. 5

M Whitbread. 29. 2320. 380. 2700. 6

R Fergusson. 24. 1920. 720. 2640. 7

A Jones. 19. 2640. 810. 2330. 8

W Newton 21. 1575. 680. 2255. 9

J Sales. 20. 1400. 820. 2220. 10

J Lawn. 22. 1650. 470. 2120. 11

C Berryman. 21. 1575. 500. 2075. 12

J Bonner. 19. 1425. 0. 1425. 13

W Gotheridge. 10. 750. 270. 1020. 14

D Tarn. 12. 960. 0. 960. 15

J Sunderland. 10. 950. 0. 950. 16

S Bennett. 11. 935. 0. 935. 17

R Nicolson. 12. 900. 0. 900. 18

R Scott. 0. 0. 0. 0. 19

Thanks to all support and competitors for a action packed and sporting weekend.

From the CNW Crew

Following on from the huge success of Round 1, we are now well and truly taking entries for Round 2 on the 27/4/14 of the AWDC Challenge North West.

This is as previously described at Pear Tree Farm, near Matlock, Derbyshire.

Stunning site, rocks, trees, slopes, in fact everything except water, and set in a stunning location.

This is without doubt one of my favourite sites in England....

No butty van on this one I'm afraid campers, but as usual toilets and camping is, and on this one a full management team, which stops me interfering with the scoring and lets me get on with organising etc (my wife's on this one), so get your entries in asap, those who've already entered no problems the rest of you are on a first come - first served basis, so don't leave it too late.

Be in it to win it, don't forget - run by competitors - for competitors....C'mon......

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be going in our latest creation (or monstrosity depending on how you look at it!). Mog axles on James' 100" 3.9 :) Just got a TDS on the front for the day.

G

Chris,

Thinking of popping down to spectate for a bit on Sunday with the nipper. Any restrictions on spectators at all

Dave

I'm hoping to pop up too, seems as its literally over the hill from me!

We'll be going in our latest creation (or monstrosity depending on how you look at it!). Mog axles on James' 100" 3.9 :) Just got a TDS on the front for the day.

G

Look forward to seeing this G, the TDS freespool looks good!!