Front Radius Arms

Petergg

Ouch

what did you hit that looks like a comp wound not the nice shiny td5 I last saw in Bosnia

What make are they

Having said that judging by the rust its not new damage its been coming for a while :blink:

Need new arms any suggestions?

If you want/need castor corrected arms then out of the three main suppliers that I can think of I'd go for the tweeked standard arms that Gwyn Lewis does. Standard arms don't tend to break as easily, just not very bling though :blink:

I have given my QT ones death and there still good as new

Some early ones got a bad rap but I have not heard of any over the last three/four years having problems.

3-6 degree are the two sizes

3 for 2" lift and 6 for 4"+ lifts

Ouch

what did you hit that looks like a comp wound not the nice shiny td5 I last saw in Bosnia

What make are they

Hi Jules

Hit? Nothing smaller than a 3 foot lump of rock :D Not sure as never felt that anything had been hit hard but after climbing mountains it's difficult to tell no impact marks on arm.

They are Orange built :rolleyes:

Bosnia oh what fun, it still shines when pollished.

Peter

Peter, as the eye first deformed then fractured I'd say the steel was neither too soft or too hard more just poor quality (or suffered massive abuse). I know your vehicle is used in anger every day but I'd still be suprised to see that after a relitivly short space of time. I'd say you should return them to the North London company for a refund. Even if they offer you an FOC replacement they look like a liability to me..... Gwyn's would get my vote at the present time as they're simple and well priced.

Ouch

What make are they

Having said that judging by the rust its not new damage its been coming for a while :blink:

Hi, what Peter hit was the same stones that virtually ripped the rear top joint off a Rangie rear axle, fun eh Pete?

Hi, what Peter hit was the same stones that virtually ripped the rear top joint off a Rangie rear axle, fun eh Pete?

@ Billy Fun? it was great fun, fantastic people in an off road paradise and no slogging the guts out of the motor through deep mud just for the sake of it but driving 1.5km Nr impossible climbs. It might be a long haul there and back but worth it.

I have just noticed that Jules wrote!

(Having said that judging by the rust its not new damage its been coming for a while) it wiped off it is just dirt the mettle undernieth is like new.

I have swiped a pair QT arms from a mate who has had 3 link fitted to his Disco, so will fit them tomorrow as I have next to no time before we go playing again :D

@Will I,m not sure if it did deform as it broke, I think it was squashed between the axle tube and arm.

Thanks to you all for your idea's and advise.

Peter

well.. theres your biggest mistake.. purchasing shoddy pirate goods from them... if you'd bought proper equipe ones it wouldn't have happened.... :ph34r::rolleyes:

hi pete.... ;)

Hi Matt :P

I have made bigger mistakes, any way who said I paid for them :D

Peter

You know, at this rate it won't be long before insurance companies decline cover on cars fitted with Scrapiron Racing suspension - just too much risk!

Wouldn't like it to happen to my car, which I take my wife and kids around in. I remember only too well inspecting a Scrapiron rear radius arm that had completely sheared from its bush section due to very poor quality welding. Luckily it broke at low speed but imagine if it had happened at 60mph?

Why risk your life for this cr@p?

Hi Jules

They are Orange built :rolleyes:

Peter

enough said then Nothing wrong with the truck just parts. Seen that sort of thing a couple of time at events. They all have one thing in common. mmm yeap ou guessed it . Orange again (and i am not talking phones :lol: )