300 tdi brake servo and vaccum pump testing

Ryan

Yes, I certainly have brakes again :D

Changed the passenger side wheel bearing today with a personal best time of a little over two hours (see Mike, I'm getting better :P). That included huffing and puffing around the top swivel bolt that's underneath the brake pipe that did not want to budge - I couldn't get enough torque into my 17mm spanner and nothing else fits in the space. In the end I bodged it improvised using a breaker bar to lever against the hub and the spanner and finally it gave. Still, not much fun when you can only move it about an eigth of a turn each time :angry:.

As there was only a little bit of play, I wasn't expecting too much trouble - the grease was a little bit manky but nothing compared to the other side. Better safe than sorry, so out came the old, and in went the new.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice in getting this sorted.

Sorry, no pics - couldn't be bothered :P

....and I appear to now have a master cylinder repair kit that I don't need....at the moment.... <_<