Very Strange Electrical Fault

mcc1979ian

Ok so the past few weeks iv had trouble wi the freelanders battery and in the end it turned out to be the alternator. So after fitting a new one i discovered my battery charger had seen better days so had to jump the freelender off the disco. Now since doing this my sidelights on the disco have been coming on when i start it, then came home in the dark one night, took the key out but had forgot to switch the lights off but strangely the engine was still running. Very strange, so turned the lights off and the engine stopped. Now the other one is the fuse had blown for the fuel gauge, temperature gauge and rev counter so replaced this and now these all work again but iv still got the other fault with the lights and engine running.

Iv tried all the fuses and all are ok.

Iv disconected every light on the vehicle and it still dosent solve the problem.

Have checked all the earths and all look good.

Changed the battery for a spare i have and still no change.

Please can someone solve this problem as its got me at the end of my wit.

p.s if someone can i will love you forever......................... :wub:

Might sound strange but how did you jump it? If you connected it to an earth that was not up to the job you could have melted or damaged that earth supply internally without realising it.

Jason.

Might sound strange but how did you jump it? If you connected it to an earth that was not up to the job you could have melted or damaged that earth supply internally without realising it.

Jason.

positive to positive and negative to neagative, have done it many ways this time without a problem.

Will get back to it when i get some spare time and see if i can solve it.