oil change pump

codger

let me start by saying hi to everyone on the forum,im sure someone will have the answer to this one, ive a freelander td4 freestyle 56 plate,i recently bought a oil drain pump, the problem is the tube wont reach down in the sump fully and dosent drain all the oil out,ive tried connectig the tube to the smallest diameter but it seems to be hitting something could there be a filter on the bottom off the dipstick tube? any advice please,the pump ia an, am-tec 7 ltr it emptys the daughters corsa in 2 minits,thanks.

Hate to say this but what's wrong with using gravity and the correct method which is the removal of the sump plug and letting all the oil drain into a deep container ? You can then if you wish use your pump to empty the coil out of the container and into a safe receptacle for later disposal.

thanks for the reply, always used that method,but unfortunately due to ill health itsnot so easy to scrawl around the floor any more,so anything that makes life easier is for me from now on,fitted one off these cyclone filters recently anyone no how much longer they last before renewal ,thanks again

I think about the same time 6000 miles which is the regular oil change period. I really don't know ay way around your back problem, mine's stuffed as well due to having T9;10 & 11 fused together after a car accident. To get over the problem I had a large set of ramps made out of four standard ones up so that I can drive my Disco up and work under it in relative comfort.

thanks for the reply, always used that method,but unfortunately due to ill health itsnot so easy to scrawl around the floor any more,so anything that makes life easier is for me from now on,fitted one off these cyclone filters recently anyone no how much longer they last before renewal ,thanks again

What's a cyclone filter? There's a number of things that can be called that.

crankcase breather filter, bmw fit them as standard to the td4 engine,dont think land rover never got round to it,it replaces what can only be described as a small paint roller which gets clogged up within days off fitting, can only be bought from bmw,supposed to last for years??