Heated rear window failure

Dorsetfreelander

I have an 04 reg TD4 auto SE spec freelander. I have discovered that the heated rear window doesn't seem to warm up. The front screen heater works fine. I have checked the fuse and the relay which controls the rear window heater and no problem there (ie the relay clicks in and out OK and I have even taken it out to check that the relay is functioning properly). The next step is to take the back door inside cover off or does someone have any suggestions for other points of failure before I start on that?

Cheers Dennis

I reckon my first port of call inside the door would be the supply wires to the heating element. Use a volt meter to chcek that you actually have power to the heating element when it's switched on.....will at least rule out a break in the element in the windows itself.

HTH

I have an 04 reg TD4 auto SE spec freelander. I have discovered that the heated rear window doesn't seem to warm up. The front screen heater works fine. I have checked the fuse and the relay which controls the rear window heater and no problem there (ie the relay clicks in and out OK and I have even taken it out to check that the relay is functioning properly). The next step is to take the back door inside cover off or does someone have any suggestions for other points of failure before I start on that?

Cheers Dennis

I take it the guarantee has now run out.

You right the cover off is you best bet give all the cables a good grease up while you in there it will save you a fortune in years to come.

Probably something stupid like the pug has fallen off inside the door

Stunning in boscombe fixed my back door last time if broke.