push rod (clutch) length ?

Ok guys my saga continues Ok 110 200tdi LT77 box ........Clutch slave push rod how long should it be mmmmmm ???????

The one that came out before all this trouble started is including ball is 77mm long

Got one the other day (****Part one) and that's about 90mm long

found a guy on the net with same set up as me and he had two one 99.3 and 91.3 ..........any one know what it should be ???? as off to mates engineering shop tomorrow to do my plastic clip mod

Being honest here Land Rover did get me one in to measure and it was deff lot shorter than 90mm but like a plonker I lost the bit paper with the length written on it

The newer one is all so thinner was I given a TD5 one by mistake (not the only wrong part handed out on this job) Is it best to stick to my original rod as I know it works

Ok have one Nigel's supper beefed up clutch forks but want to mod it more to hold that dam clip in place one the two below (I think done by members of the site) Any one see any advantage/disadvantages with either weld or bolt method ?

post-10229-0-36660000-1413711201_thumb.jpg
post-10229-0-99584500-1413711265_thumb.jpg
I will be glad when this clutch saga is over sick of it as sure every one else is LOL at this rate we will have to change this Defender forum to Paul's clutch Forum LOL

Thanks western this whole clutch thing has been one thing after another......Land rover even got one in for me to make sure mine was right rod the other day but by mistake got a R380 not LT77 one.

It was only today when I just asked them to check there was deff only ONE push rod for my slave and I saw on the screen it said £6.30 ........yet the one they got in for me to measure the other day was £40+ ........I pointed this out and we realized the mistake ....saying that the push rod for the R380 that Ive had in there for the last 7 years has worked fine its about 1.5 CM shorter than the correct one is...

on the PLUS side I think you were dead right about the release bearing I removed the slave today started the engine still the horrid sqeling sound I revved her a bit still sqeling revved her again and GONE Ticks over fine now sounding sweet again