new defender

boaterboy

I have heard that the Defender is not going to be produced anymore. Anyone else heard this?

i also heard this, it was one of their options because of the new EU emissions regulation and the fact the chassis was so expensive to produce and the front end had to be pedestrian head friendly :angry: but now they have found a new compliant oil burner and i suspect i poorer quality chassis which will inevitably rot faster. or use the dico chassis and plastic panels, they can now product it. :) but i also heard that the new defender will have the 2.8 disco engine but just another roomier :(

Edited by Landy-Novice

Euro Ncap? Euro 1,2,3,4,5 are all ratings for emissions not crash safety, so therefor not related to Ncap ;).

ah yes...just dug it out...got the Euro bit right..just its not Ncap!!

Its on page 10 of the October LRM, there's a bit about the new 2012 defender having an super clean engine, and a half page on 'Will Land Rover ditch the Defender?'

They just posted this on Facebook:

World first! We’re excited to introduce the Land Rover Defender Concept, DC100. For over 60 years Land Rover have been building vehicles renowned for their capability and versatility, perhaps none more so than the iconic Defender. With an eye to the future, Land Rover’s Design Director Gerry McGovern has led the Land Rover design team to explore a modern reinterpretation of the Defender, while capturing the adventurous spirit established by the Series 1 in 1948. Fast-forward to 2011, and Land Rover is extremely proud to share with our fans the potential future direction of the Defender, the DC100 Concept vehicle.

post-10144-0-56280600-1314746024_thumb.jpg

post-10144-0-45650800-1314746041_thumb.jpg