Defender Wind Deflector Climair

Hello All,

I have got a set of Climair wind deflectors for my Puma..... Tried fitting the just now, looking at indtructions they fit between the glass and the window channel. They fit perfectly, although when i close the window (electric window) it will not close all the way.

I presume the bit that is in the window channel is too thick, or have i been thick and and fitted it all wrong?

anyone else had issues, or fitted them with any kind of success?

Cheers

Probably that the motor is sensing the increased load when the glass reaches the deflector and is cutting out, certainly I could feel it when I first fitted the Climair ones to my 90 but being manual windows it wasn't an issue. Over time the deflector has bedded into the seal and now you can't tell they are there.

Never had a problem when we fitted a set to my wife's Freelander, you could here the motor working slightly harder for the last few mm but it carried on working and they closed fully. As before, now they have bedded in there is no noticeable change to the motor.

Can you "help" the glass up by gripping it between your palms and getting someone else to operate the switch, when you have done that a couple of times it might be ok?

When I bought them people were saying the stick-on ones were better but I can't for the like of me see why. Buying from Climair direct they were cheaper than the stick-on type and fitting is a breeze (it actually too longer to clean the glass than to fit the deflectors themselves). They also don't stick out like the other type and so are less susceptible to damage.

My TD5 / 90 also has wind up windows and they work a treat.

Maybe try squirting some PTFE Silicone lube spray in the rubber channel.

Cheers

Barry

Seconded - apply all over the channel, and on the wiper seal - the reduced friction throughout will help the motor get a "run" at the thicker part and then leave it for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...