wibbly wobbly speedo

2 hours ago, CwazyWabbit said:

Let me know how you get on with this. IIRC your speedo was in lovely condition.

Will do. It always played up but I knew the connection at the transducer was a bit dodgy. When I looked at it last night I found one of the wires in the connector barely held in so changed the plug for a good one. Thought I had sorted my issue but obviously not! 

Not quite finished this but I had 12v at the connection at the dash end of the wire running to the transducer so there was certainly a problem with that wire. I decided to remove the original 3 core wire and run a new 2 core wire to take the live feed and signal. The earth has been terminated on the main earthing strap from the battery to the gearbox mounts.

All I had time for at lunch so will connect those two wires up tonight at the dash end tonight and fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

4 years later..... i am now about to do this! 

It shouldn't be hard to see an improvement on my 200tdi as almost none of the panel of little bulbs work, the gauges are guesses at best! I managed to get some TD5 gauges which are in the post at the moment for £220. I think the only bit missing will be the plugs into the LED panel itself however you seem to be able to get the terminals on ebay for about £15 each now.

So yeh - here goes some wiring next week! 

Edited by andy.cowman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, andy.cowman said:

4 years later..... i am now about to do this! 

It shouldn't be hard to see an improvement on my 200tdi as almost none of the panel of little bulbs work, the gauges are guesses at best! I managed to get some TD5 gauges which are in the post at the moment for £220. I think the only bit missing will be the plugs into the LED panel itself however you seem to be able to get the terminals on ebay for about £15 each now.

So yeh - here goes some wiring next week! 

Hi Andy,

That's my listing on eBay 😀

I've posted the 2 x connector kits to you by RM Special Delivery.

The connectors you've bought, mate with the TD5 instrument harness.

The 16-way and 20-way connectors for the TD5 LED panel are here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151462720313

s-l500.jpg

Regards,

Paul.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PaulMc said:

Hi Andy,

That's my listing on eBay 😀

I've posted the 2 x connector kits to you by RM Special Delivery.

The connectors you've bought, mate with the TD5 instrument harness.

The 16-way and 20-way connectors for the TD5 LED panel are here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151462720313

s-l500.jpg

Regards,

Paul.

Ah I will need them as well!! So did I only need one of the two I already ordered?! And do I just need one of the one I haven't ordered?! Thanks Andy 

16 minutes ago, andy.cowman said:

Ah I will need them as well!! So did I only need one of the two I already ordered?! And do I just need one of the one I haven't ordered?! Thanks Andy 

Yes, you only need one of the 14-way grey connectors.

You also only need one of each of the black 16-way and 20-way connectors, which I sell as a set in my listing linked to above.

If you want to return the second grey connector - that's fine, I'll refund you for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulMc said:

Yes, you only need one of the 14-way grey connectors.

You also only need one of each of the black 16-way and 20-way connectors, which I sell as a set in my listing linked to above.

If you want to return the second grey connector - that's fine, I'll refund you for it.

Yes please! Will send it straight back and have a word with myself for cocking it up already !

I have ordered the other one.... Thanks! 

15 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

@PaulMc do you do connectors for a lexis 1UZ ECU

Regards Stephen 

I don't have them - but I'm sure I could identify them.

Looking on Google, there appears to be differences, depending on year of manufacture.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PaulMc said:

I don't have them - but I'm sure I could identify them.

Looking on Google, there appears to be differences, depending on year of manufacture.

I'll post some photo's tomorrow, thank you

Regards Stephen

54 minutes ago, andy.cowman said:

Yes please! Will send it straight back and have a word with myself for cocking it up already !

I have ordered the other one.... Thanks! 

Thanks for your additonal order, I'll get them in the post to you tomorrow.

To return the spare grey connector, just send it back in the box, with the bubble wrap, I sent both of them to you in.

My return address is on the rear of the box.

Just stick a blank label over your address, the postage label, and the Special Delivery label, and use a 1st or 2nd class Large Letter stamp (they go-up in price (AGAIN!) by 15p, from 2nd April ☹️ )

Don't bother with eBay's return process, it's too complicated, more expensive than it needs to be, and can't cope with a partial return.