Stainless Cutting Discs?

ChrisB

yes all the time to cut and grind mild steel as they are rock hard and last longer than normal discs. 1.6mm as i recall as the thinner ones don't grip in my grinder but i cant remember the make. Im sure as with all things you get what you pay for and i can have a look at the name if it helps, German i think,gold and blue in colour.

I use 'Blue Spot' 1.0mm cutting discs bought off eBay as cheap as I can get them (which is pretty cheap!) and I can't fault them, they seem equally effective at cutting stainless steel, mild steel, 8.8 bolt steel, aluminium, plastic, wood, leather and flesh :ph34r: They are very tough and you have to really abuse them to stupid levels them to make them break. :rolleyes:

HTH

Rog

The 1.0mm ones are best but prices vary massively as does quality: Extol ones are rubbish and make more orange dust than useful cutting progress. Some places charge £2+ per disc :blink: whereas my local tool shop gets good ones (Abracs I think) for 59p per disc if you buy 25 or more at a time.

Rightlines (posted HERE) are great, half way through my batch of 50, no problems yet :)

use 1mm discs for all my stainless work, 2mm for the 9inch grinder. Dont try grinding with them unless you want a face off with a snarlin grinder :rtfm:

Dont laugh :P but Aldi do some very good 115mm stainless discs very fast cutting and thin.They are about £5 ish for 10 if I remember rightly. They dont last long but cut very fast and clean

yeah my local one has them in still, its 16 1mm disc's for £3.99, i was worried that would shatter easily, but they have been good.

• 7 years later...

Dronco 1mm are the best I've ever used but are often found to be overs £1 each. I buy the bluespot off ebay in packs of 50 which are a third the price of the dronco. I use them for stainless and mild steel... and tool steel for that matter.

Plus with ebay you get nectar points... I have no idea what to do with a nectar point but if it's free I'm in! :hysterical:

• Like 2

Convert

Dronco 1mm are the best I've ever used but are often found to be overs £1 each. I buy the bluespot off ebay in packs of 50 which are a third the price of the dronco. I use them for stainless and mild steel... and tool steel for that matter.

Plus with ebay you get nectar points... I have no idea what to do with a nectar point but if it's free I'm in! :hysterical:

Convert your Nectar points to an Ebay voucher and use them instead of money!