6 bolt - 4 bolt.....

Don't forget the 3 bolt...

Also the 6 Bolt (Gemma 'box) was also found on London Taxi Cabs but as a version with a lot less turns lock to lock. Some folk feel it's not as good as the 4 bolt; but Adwest machine a deeper recess for a deeper oil seal thus getting rid of the only annoying reoccurring problem... Taxi boxes are usually green rather than red/orange. I put a Taxi box in my 100" it works very well

• 7 months later...

I just ordered an Adwest 4 bolt from Magel cheaper than any one else I could find though shipping was expensive. Guess if you live near Reading you could call in and get one that would be the cheapest option as far as a new unit goes.

Hopefully like those here that have found it a straightforward swap for a six bolt I will too fingers crossed.

I swapped my six-bolt for a four-bolt a little while back. Everything is a straight swap, the pipe end fittings need a bit of encouragement to reach the ports on the box but nothing insurmountable and well within the flex of the steel pipes.

Drop arm is different, but presumably the new box will come with an arm or you will be sourcing a new one to fit. Annoyingly the difference with regard to arms is not the same as that regarding fitting the pipes/vehicle.

3-bolt and 4-bolt have the same arm. 6-bolt is different.

4-bolt and 6-bolt have same pipe fittings, 3-bolt is different.

Happy days that your steering is transformed. Had to change my box to get through the MOT - steering fluid leaking like crazy. But sadly, steering not improved at all, I think a bit more vague.

But that could be just compared to the vehicle I drive most days: should we be surprised that a 1987 LR with Mud Terrain tyres does not quite steer like a 2010 Vito...