It's not something I'd have envisaged writing about in July, but in the weird weather we've having, I still seem to be needing to de-mist with regularity...

I recall reading other heated discussions about the value of the following product, but setting aside whether you think they are good value (when you consider someone has to have put the R&D and tooling costs into producing them), or you can bodge together some duct and screws from B&Q for a tenner, they are very effective and fit without any adjustment.

My rationale was, I'm pulling out of T-junctions blind, because I can't see out of the passenger side window of my 90 pickup, and can't safely keep reaching over to clear it. The cost of a crash far outweighed the cost of the item. I've had them fitted for a few years now, and can't fault them.

The item in question is http://www.defenderdemister.com/

(Other trade and DIY solutions are available)

you got bad cab water leaks? - my fan set to blow half and half usually clears my passenger window once the engine temp is up.

The other option is a little more invasive, but you tap off a couple of flexi hoses from the lower dash vent box and cut two holes either side of the dash ends, you used to be able to get a kit for this but it wasn't cheap. I've sourced some Tdci vents and ducting and I'm going to plum in some ducts when I get a spare minute.

Maverik - the $hitpart windscreen rubber, that I made the mistake of fitting, does let the water in, but it's generally getting in and out, when it's raining, that brings the water in...

mmgemini - funnily enough, I bought the same fan as you've linked, but couldn't find a "natural" place to fit them, so they never got used.

Maverik - the britpart windscreen rubber, that I made the mistake of fitting, does let the water in, but it's generally getting in and out, when it's raining, that brings the water in...

mmgemini - funnily enough, I bought the same fan as you've linked, but couldn't find a "natural" place to fit them, so they never got used.

Sorry no pics as my Defender isn't here with me. I took the mountings off and binned then. Velcro on the dash top. With Velcro on the underside. That way you can adjust them to where you want them.

The good thing about the hose pipe is that you can move it around so it's not just clearing one spot. I have thought about doing one like retroanaconder and then having it join a pipe that ran along the door card with holes in it blow air up all the window. Would need on/off for when not needed so you can rest your arm on it.

I used the Defendemister as per the initial post on my 109. The trouble with that is that despite having a Defender heater and blower, I still have the SIII vents in the dash top which are a different size to Defenders, and that seems to prevent the aftermarket parts doing their job. I'm not sure if it's because they are more difficult to align with the mismatched SIII vents or because the smaller old vents restrict airflow. They're anything but pretty, though. I think that blocking up some of the upwards vents would deflect more air along the side tubes, now that I have heated front screens.

Frankly, I'd recommend the dedicated hose systems that others have done, the way LR did it for winterised MoD Defenders, or would use the electric heaters on dedicated power feeds to make them work efficiently (they are next to useless if you use their full length leads and cigarette lighter plugs).