Door seals with series door tops

Are they new door tops? New door tops are poop and don't fit properly. I modifiy mine by cutting almost all the way through the bolts with a thin disc, pulling them over to close the gap, then welding the bolts back up. If you look at new ones they stand up straight, whereas they should lean like the hardtop does. I have no trouble with mine sitting on the seals, and rock solid up to about 80mph, then they start flapping in the wind

Are they new door tops? New door tops are poop and don't fit properly. I modifiy mine by cutting almost all the way through the bolts with a thin disc, pulling them over to close the gap, then welding the bolts back up. If you look at new ones they stand up straight, whereas they should lean like the hardtop does. I have no trouble with mine sitting on the seals, and rock solid up to about 80mph, then they start flapping in the wind

Are you talking about the where the bolts go through the door bottoms to bolt them together?.

They are old door tops . Been like it since I bought the truck .

Toyota engineers tested their door seals by putting a cat in the car on a Friday. If it suffocated over the weekend, the seal was OK. Landrover engineers used this, but changed the success criteria to whether the cat was still in the car or not!

• Like 1