new use for Dinitrol

studmuffin

Not specifically LR based, although a lot of us wear boots, so Mods please cancel if not LR enuf. This may be a well known ruse but....

I am going shooting tomorrow and suddenly realised that I had forgot to waterproof my leather boots since the last time they got soaked.

I had left them in the garage to slowly dry out and normally use Ledergris to treat them.

I happened to have some cans of aerosol Dinitrol 3125 Cavity Wax, and being a lazy git my mind said " wax and oil". So I sprayed them and 20 minutes later wiped them off with a bit of clean rag.( probably wax oil would also work)

Its a bit early to say but they look like new.

Will foot test them and report in due course.

Barry

• Like 1

Reporting back -

On Friday they seemed fairly water repellent although they didn't get to go through any really wet crops like kale.

On Sunday I gave them another good spray and left overnight to soak in. By the morning they were ready to go on a hard days beating yesterday. After some wet crops and a full day walking through brambles they were still dry.

Overall it works but I would only use on dark brown boots as it would colour-darken lighter boots.

I think a monthly Ledergris treatment and then a quick spray with Dinitrol after every wet day out should work well.

Cheers

Barry

Not in any way suggesting that Dinitrol isn't ok.. but it did make me smile. Does anyone else remember the half wit 4x4 journo ( I think it was International Offroader) that reviewed a Goretex jacket and reported that he sprayed it with WD-40 to "improve" it ;-)