P38 7 seat Conversion

teessidelad25

Hi

I love my P38 2001 range rover to bits but my family has expanded again and now need to look at fitting a rear seat conversion kit to turn it into 7 seats. Does anyone know where i can get a kit or find someone who fits them. i found one on ebay which came from a 2003 rr but not sure if it will fit into a P38.

Anyone fitted a conversion kit ????

I had Overfinch fit 7 seat conversion to a couple of P38's and also Latest Range Rovers. Pics of latest one below. Sorry couldn't find any pics of P38 ones.

From memory I'd say you would have difficulty in fitting later ones to a P38. Fixings, size and angles are all wrong.

seatsopenon.jpg

seatsopenside.jpg

seatsmounting.jpg

seatsopenon.jpg

You can see the P38 seatbelts in this pic. Ignore the centre one as that was for a 3point centre belt. The two belts fixed to same upper fixing point and existing rears and lower mounts were new...

RRexhaustandloadbay003.jpg

Hi,

I brought on I while back (sorry can't remeber who from) - it was about £130. Rang them first - told it was real easy to fit. When I got it there was no way it was going to fit without a lot of work - when I range and complained not only did they then say it was a lot of work but they got funny with me for complaining! It was bqasically a simple bench seat with a folding back, no seat belts etc.....

Just bloody typical of what happens in this country!

P.S. If you do find one it might be worth checking with the insurance company and I know that Series 2 Discoveries that have the thrid row seats retro fitted don't meet type approval unless they have the air suspension on the back and the suspension computer re-programmed.

Good luck with the hunting!

I bought a back seat conversion for my P38 from ebay which was delivered to my son's house where the car was waiting ready to ship. When I got to check it I found that there were no belts and there was only one fixing bracket. The vendor sold it complete with all brackets. It is now decorating my garage floor..... about as useful as a chocolate teapot.