Posting stuff

Anderzander

Hopefully not too far off topic ..... Nor too idiotic :o

I've a collection of bits to sell (side steps, A bar, snorkel and so on). What do you guys do for a packing materials on bigger items ?

Parcels2go is good for prices - but is it just a case of buying shed loads of bubble wrap from somewhere ?

Apologies for my postal incompetence .... :)

Bubble wrap is cheap on eBay. I've found the best thing is bubble wrap or card then wrap the whole thing in pallet wrap. It's cheap and strong and makes a very neat parcel. Basically it's a heavy grade clingfilm and saves a bundle in parcel tape to boot.

I've bought so much recently I have an unlimited supply of bubble wrap and boxes. Our local removals and self storage firm sell all manner of packaging materials...so may be worthwhile trying one if you have any local.

I also have a load of brown masking paper that I use to wrap around the boxes so that there's no hint to its contents.

I too save boxes and packaging from things I buy, got so much now that I have had to start throwing it away. Depending on what I am posting, bubble wrap held in place with parcel tape, then boxed and any spare space taken up with paper or the mega bubble stuff to stop it rattling about. For larger or more awkward shapes, again start with bubble wrap and then cover with silage wrap (similar idea to pallet wrap mentioned above). I use parcels2go or interparcel, book online, stuff gets picked up usually next day and is on its way.

Yep, I too am a hoarder of packaging materials (this is the packaging hoarders anonymous forum isn't it?)

I do tend to find I never quite have the right size box but I do always have plenty of bubble wrap/poly peanuts/shredded cardboard laying around and every so often have to have a burn up to get rid of some of the boxes!

[i feel better for that confession]

PS Always easy enough to adapt the sizes of your stashed boxes

Same here. We have a few old bins in the garage that we keep old packaging in. Foam, bubble wrap, cardboard boxes etc.

I think owning LandRovers doesn't help....we just collect stuff! Wheel rims, wheels and tyres, engines, cyclinder heads, radiators, alternators, belt tensioners, air con pumps, gear boxes, steering wheels, wings panels, doors. locks..........it just might come in useful!

My wife thinks I have another car in there in bits! Hmmm, haven't got any axles yet!

I am such a sorry case that I am even watching an intercooler on eBay for a Defender TD5, and I haven't even got one. ^_^