Need some rear suspension dimensions

De Ranged

Got given a set of suspension arms and axle tubes from a mate, left overs from a disco he had

My plan is to fit them under my SII 109... problem is I don't have any chassis mounts or dimensions

I'm hoping someone on here has a chassis stripped that they can measure for me....

Need the vertical separation between the center of the pin on the "A" frame chassis mounts, and the center of the bottom links at the chassis

Also the chassis width (outside to outside) in line with the coils

Next ones are a bit subject but height from the ground to the center of the bottom links at the chassis

Same to the "A" frame mounts

Height from the ground to the center of the axle tube and from ground to the lowest point on the bump stop

Pic's would be a help too

My plan is to keep them a close to standard as possible as this will mainly be a road truck and I'd rather road manners than flex

Cheers Reece

Series chassis is the same width as coil chassis as far as I have seen, the extra width of the axles is to add the springs on the outside of the chassis. A Defender body is basically the same as a series except for wheelbase and front end.

I have said this before on this subject but Designa Chassis do not believe that a Series chassis is strong enough for this and add extra height in to their chassis.

Series chassis is the same width as coil chassis as far as I have seen, the extra width of the axles is to add the springs on the outside of the chassis. A Defender body is basically the same as a series except for wheelbase and front end.

I have said this before on this subject but Designa Chassis do not believe that a Series chassis is strong enough for this and add extra height in to their chassis.

I would agree with this, the chassis is made from 2mm and from the look of the welds and attachment methods of chassis parts I would say mild steel at that

Compare this to a jap coil truck of similar dimensions and weight, say a hilux chassis is similar in dimension but 3.2mm and medium tensile, compared to a RRC with coils Rover made the chassis deeper to compensate (can't remember if they up'd the gauge or not)

So yes this will be delt with

I suppose plating the side of the chassis with 3mm would give it the strength needed - rust traps aside.

G.

This was my plan, I have a few rust repairs to do that require surgery.... these doubler plates also keep me legal for welding in replacement sections to cure the rust

and they will be fully welded... I know this isn't alway moisture tight but with a coat of POR15 I don't think I'll have any issues for life of the truck