Maxxis Creepy Crawler vs Maxxis Mudzilla

Right, at the moment I am still on for buying the creepys in 35/12.5r16 for my bobtail. However, since reading a bit about the mudzilla it got me thinking whether the creepy is better :unsure: Now, I do know that these tyres are like chalk and cheese, being the creepy is a rock crawler and the mudzilla is mud, bog etc. I will be using them with beadlocks and mainly in the sandly area's with hardpack as well but they will also be used in proper english gloopy and sticky mud. Another thing is that the mudzilla is very wide, now would that just float on top and not grip, or stop it from sitting on its axles and plough through? :unsure: Here are the two tyres below;

post-6427-1200757692_thumb.jpg

post-6427-1200757710_thumb.jpg

Theres a HUGE thread about this very subject including Simex - use the search function ;)

Yes, thanks for that. I have infact read some of those before posting this, but Now reading a few more possibly mudzilla's are best because they work well aired down and that would make best use of my beadlocks. ;) If I did go for these then they would be 35/13.5r16, now is that too wide for a rangie? i.e, will I have no arch left after 100yds? :huh: It will be running 2" spring lift and 40mm body lift with the wide arches.

post-312-1200770533_thumb.jpg

Mine don't rub

35 x 12.50 x 16 (on rims Tonk made)

the rims will be the killer as you will need a decent off set but if you go too wide you will start to hit the front foot wells

well they rub a tiny but when loaded and remember mines full body with plastic arches and I could have cut more out of the body work if I wanted to.

post-312-1200770533_thumb.jpg

Mine don't rub

35 x 12.50 x 16 (on rims Tonk made)

the rims will be the killer as you will need a decent off set but if you go too wide you will start to hit the front foot wells

well they rub a tiny but when loaded and remember mines full body with plastic arches and I could have cut more out of the body work if I wanted to.

Ok, cool, thanks for that. Oh, and like the pic!!!

? If you are running 35" tyres on sand with a lot of grip, the drivetrain is going to need more beef than with simex on mud.

Its only a problem if they grip :lol::lol:

I run KAM shafts (yes their twisted :huh: ) the front is stock but I have a few spare front axles.

I run a Auto so the drive train takes much less punishment

I've found the creepy crawlers to be fine in mud, although I've not had the chance to do a side-by-side comparison with Simex or anything else for that matter.

I've only been stuck once since I fitted them and that was in about 4' of water :ph34r:

I sit true that they are quite generous in their sizing, ie if your after a 35" tyre your best ordering the 37"?

JJ

I sit true that they are quite generous in their sizing, ie if your after a 35" tyre your best ordering the 37"?

JJ

I know John has that problem but mine (Although I havent mesured them yet) were a good 2" taller than the 33" goodyears before..

I have 35's and we have not sat them sis by side his boots don't look any bigger but they are 37's even thought they measure 35.

Thank you all for your replies so far ;)

Does anyone know who has got the mudzilla's with beadlocks? It is just the tyre names suggest that the mudzilla is more designed for the mud? and its tread pattern is much more open.

Well volunteered we need someone to rate the Mudzilla in some proper Mud

:lol::lol:

Benny & Leo ran Mudzillas on their Pajero for Ladoga and were very happy, it certainly seemed to go places you wouldn't expect.

2007-06-05-16h43m45.jpg

2007-06-05-13h37m36.jpg

Are Benny or Leo on this forum, or do you know them?

I would just like to talk to someone that has had personal experiences with them so then I can compare them against the creepy crawler and then.........make a decision ;)

Are Benny or Leo on this forum, or do you know them?

I would just like to talk to someone that has had personal experiences with them so then I can compare them against the creepy crawler and then.........make a decision ;)

I don't think anyone has actually run both side-by-side to compare. Leo & Benny aren't on this forum but if you shoot them an e-mail they should be able to tell you how they liked the Mudzillas, their blog is www.ladoga.waarbenjij.nu/.