TD5 Ride Height Sensor Arms

Kaliboy

I noticed on my dad's TD5 that where the arms attach to the trailing arms, the bottom plastic has corroded and snapped on both sides.

Can you buy those arms separately or do you have to buy the complete sensor unit?

The arms are still attached, but only just and the sensors are still working.

Cheers

Matt

You have to buy the whole thing, but they aren't too expensive. Be very careful when unplugging the old one as the plug and socket are very thin plastic and can easily break. Also - disconnect the battery before you start as you may get a warning light on the dash if the arm goes out of range while still connected.

Les.

Les, will the new sensors not need recalibrating with the Nanocom? Mine did...but then I didn't know about unplugging the battery so maybe that would have worked :rolleyes:

Top tip from me would be measure your current ride height before doing anything, just in case it needs resetting.

Think I paid £24 each for the sensor.

You have to buy the whole thing, but they aren't too expensive. Be very careful when unplugging the old one as the plug and socket are very thin plastic and can easily break. Also - disconnect the battery before you start as you may get a warning light on the dash if the arm goes out of range while still connected.

Les.

If you do manage to damage the loom connectors, replacements are available.

FamousFour do a Connector Repair Kit, their Part Number FF005834 -

http://www.famousfour.co.uk/new_parts/part_info.php?partID=12579

ff005834.jpg

Or, if you're OK with crimping small terminals, just the connectors can be bought from Simtek, their Part Number CON-081

http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/www.simtekuk.co.uk/info.php?p=12&pno=1&pid=1570554&cat=128680&ack=9&search=&sought=

1094_1570554.jpg