Cetop for a hydro winch

mikec

Been wondering this myself. Figured that it's bĂȘte to go bigger knowing it's not limiting the system even slightly. When there's lots of fluid flowing, if it is restricting it then it will be heating the fluid and slowing the winch so a double neg.

Still not sure it's not overkill though.

My setup has 2 pumps so in a high speed low pressure scenario it'll be flowing a fair bit

In answer to the OP, CETOP 5 is a bit overkill, but it won't do any harm (other than weigh you down a bit!)

In answer to Anderzander, I'm not sure what you mean by a 'type R' solenoid but CETOP is a standard for the port dimensions and layout for hydraulic valves and so far as I am aware there is no standardisation between solenoids.

Not really. Typical dimensions here:

http://www.hasmak.com.tr/parkervalf/Parker%20NFPA%20D05,%20CETOP%205%20Directional%20Control%20Valves.pdf

For comparison, CETOP 3 is probably a more normal size for winches etc:

http://www.hasmak.com.tr/parkervalf/Parker%20NFPA%20D03,%20CETOP%203%20Directional%20Control%20Valves.pdf

So, a typical CETOP 3 12V 3 position valve is 244 mm overall length where as a CETOP 5 one is 299

Make sure it has the correct port configuration - you will need open which has an open centre position (i.e. routes the pressure (P) line back to tank (T)) unless you are going to do clever things with additional valves.

Could you have a look on the valve please nick just to see if it is I can never make sense of those diagrams :) thanks

post-1290-0-17568900-1408543308_thumb.jpg

post-1290-0-72325000-1408543321_thumb.jpg

In answer to the OP, CETOP 5 is a bit overkill, but it won't do any harm (other than weigh you down a bit!)

In answer to Anderzander, I'm not sure what you mean by a 'type R' solenoid but CETOP is a standard for the port dimensions and layout for hydraulic valves and so far as I am aware there is no standardisation between solenoids.

Mmmm valve came today and I see what you mean about the weight!!!!

".........I've been looking for ages to find 12v one."

Dosen't it say 24v on the valves ?

Peter.

Yeah but he had 12v in to :)

So all in all I'm not sure now where it could go, as it sure as hell ain't fitting under the wing top lol. Thinking of mounting near the tank in the back and just running motor hoses to the front

Ah ok , in the back sounds like the place for it . Are you putting a lockout/overcentre valve on the winch motor?

....if you want a MM for the back I have a couple of spare ones ;)

MM on a pto pump will pull at a good speed and load in 5th . With the std motor you probably don't want to be ay higher than 180bar on your prv .

cheers

Steveb

the o/c valve is effectively the brake as it locks the flow in and out of the ports on the motor based on pressure

differential between load and return lines if I understand it correctly . My rear MM has no o/c valve and does stop under winch out under load using just the spool

but does creep a bit

cheers

Steveb

the o/c valve is effectively the brake as it locks the flow in and out of the ports on the motor based on pressure

differential between load and return lines if I understand it correctly . My rear MM has no o/c valve and does stop under winch out under load using just the spool

but does creep a bit

cheers

Steveb

Thatd do me I'm guessing the cetop 5 would be even more effective at doin that then if it's for a higher flow? Or is it oressure that matters here?

it's more about having the hyd lock as close to , or preferred bolted directly to the device you need to lock I think , and it's opened when the delivery

pressure exceeds the pressure on the locked side of the circuit

cheers

Steveb